PDA

View Full Version : I bought it!!!! So I'm back in the family..

Yachts
05-02-2013, 02:18 AM
I'm posting this for a couple of reasons. one is so anyone else buying may gain some experience from what i went through.. and 2, I have some minor issues i need some guidance on..

I paid $80k .. its a '99 no-slide with 165,000 miles but only 1750 hrs on gen set..I think I paid on the high side of value .. no slides are going between 65-85k.. the reason I paid so much was low hours on gen set, new tires and batteries, and /Newell Coach had gone through it 15 months ago for a 'PDI and only found 13 issues. but the other reason were 4 Girard awnings. yes all the way around the coach its full automatic Gerards.. that's about 24k in awnings alone..there are a couple of single slides to be had around 100 but for me and my wife we felt we would be happy with no slides and save some $..

now the issues.

drove it home today and the drivers air and back up camera worked but when I went stopped fueled up and started again neither would turn back on... the coach also seems to be leaning a bit to the right. when i push the level light it comes on then immediately goes off when I release the button.. my gauge lights also do not work but the gauges work fine,, everything that is on the front panel by the driver is having an electrical issue.. so please help

Neweller
05-02-2013, 02:40 AM
Congratulations my friend! Brother "Once in the Family, Always in the Family!" Glad things went as smooth as they did for you. No more chomping at the bit. From what I know and what you've stated it was worth every penny of what you paid. Sounds like it has had light to medium use all the way around.

I think the values you are comparing are more comparable for '96-'98's.

The sweet Girard Awnings all the way around is a super duper deal. 13 PDI issues by Newell's as you know isn't squat compared to the average coach that comes in. :thumbsup:

Loose connection inside the dash is more than likely the problem. Probably a ground wire if that whole area is affected. This is not out of the ordinary for the age etc.

Are you hearing any air leaks up front near that area? If not then check the individual air solenoids in the rear or the leveler up front underneath.. This will help narrow things down and then we can go from there. Unless someone else might has something additional to suggest?

Derek Knight
05-02-2013, 03:52 AM
Congrats on the purchase! It sounds like you got a steal of a deal. Slides are nice but if you saved some cash and don't feel you need them then there is nothing wrong with that. :thumbsup: Girard awnings! Ken is more than likely right on the loose connection in the dash. Since it was working at one point, check that it's probably something simple.

Yachts
05-02-2013, 03:53 AM
im gonna run it over to local rd repair shop in the morn.. let them talk to newell hope it so;ves the problem

speedingsport
05-02-2013, 04:11 AM
Congratulations to you and your wife! Look forward to seeing pictures!

jWolfe
05-02-2013, 05:01 AM
Cool :thumbup: Once a Newell owner always a Newell owner. ;)

ccjohnson
05-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Congrats to you! IMHO a great price! Now the customizing begins!

farmell
05-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Congratulations!

Randy J
05-02-2013, 03:41 PM
I agree great price! Congrats!! Do the happy dance.:dance:

Will Procter
05-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Congrats and Welcome back into the Newell Maifa Family rollinglol :thumbsup:

FJGuard
05-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Congratulations on the new purchase! :bounce: My wife's famous saying is "Owning a Newell is a Luxurious Way of "Roughing" It!"

Ron Skeen
05-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Congratulation on your purchase. If I can help anyway let me know. The control switches on the back up camera sometime will not make good connection. Try turning off and on and wiggle the knob. Try to make our Newell rally in Spearfish if you can.

Yachts
05-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks Ron, hope to meet you and see how awesome my old 96 looks with all the upgrades you have made