PDA

View Full Version : Where is your "cool place" when temps hit 100??

jrarriola
05-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Even though today it is 40+ degrees in the D/FW area I am thinking ahead to June & July when the temps will be reaching above 100 degrees! I'm looking for some new places to go for cool temps during the summer. We've gone to Ruidoso, NM - Polson, MT - Petoskey, MI. So anyone have any suggestions for new places you'd like to share? Jim

Jack Fouts
05-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Jim, now days you don't even have to find the weather, our government just moves whatever they think we need towards us. They are getting this whole geo-engineering thing down now.

speedingsport
05-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Colorado, Oregon and Washington are beautiful during the summer and not as hot or humid as Texas!

NewellCrazy
05-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Northwest is always a nice choice when you factor in those tall trees and awesome scenery.

Sean

77newell
05-03-2013, 06:21 PM
I'd add Port Clinton, OH and Sault St. Marie, MI & Ontario and any of the west Michigan beach communities, north of the Sault in Ontario if you like wilderness (includes mosquitoes that eat you where you are so the bigger don't steal you).

JustDustin
05-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Asheville, North Carolina is nice. Anywhere in northern California is great too.

express1
05-04-2013, 12:57 AM
telluride, ouray, even leadville...

ccjohnson
05-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Spearfish, SD is nice in the summer.

Neweller
05-04-2013, 02:19 AM
I agree with speedingsport and Newellcrazy about the Northwest. I have trekked that sucker from one end to the other. I've fished it, hunt it and camped it. There are so many prestine lakes and that is where I prefer to camp. Of course if you want to venture into Canada, it's also endless and BC is great.

Clint, the wife and I both have family members in the area. We are supposed to attend a wedding up there this year. The weather is pretty nice during the summer, I prefer July through September. But hey it can snow in June. Temps go up and down rapidly.

cdat
05-04-2013, 03:24 AM
I'm with Ken and Sean, the Northwest, mountains, beautiful lakes, pine trees, also the northern Calif coast all the way up till just south of Seattle is gorgeous. Special place for us is around Olympic National Park in Washington, you need to bike or hike to really see it, but the campgrounds around it are nice, and you also have the Strait of San Juan, stunning drive on the highway that borders it.

John

jWolfe
05-04-2013, 09:31 PM
From the west coast to the east coast I've traveled and I will always prefer the west coast. During the summer the Northwest is beautiful and the weather is great.

Randy J
05-05-2013, 11:04 PM
We are originally from Washington state and I can say summers are lots of fun. Many things to do and many things to see. We spent some time last summer in the Boise, ID area and the weather was good. We plan on exploring more this year with our travels. Thanks everyone for posting some great options. Leeann wants to check out Colorado next.

Archie T. Hogan
05-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Best spot is your air conditioned Newell :thumbup:

Hugo
05-06-2013, 06:32 PM
With the crazy weather everyone is getting. Right now you could safely say all places are a "cool place". Everyone I know that lives across the country is complaining it's fall not spring. :laugh:

jrarriola
05-06-2013, 07:46 PM
What a great list of suggestions! Thanks for all of them. We fell in love with the beautiful coast line of Oregon/Washington a few years ago & just might head back in that direction. I also remembered a beautiful place in NC at Lake Toxaway that once was called Outdoor Resorts but is under another name now..Mountain Falls Resorts. The weather has been just crazy for sure but I have a feeling we are going to wake up one morning here in Texas and it is going to be 102 with a heat index making it feel like 122 so I want to be ready to roll! Thanks again guys! Jim