PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Bathroom Fan

Newell Attack
05-06-2013, 04:56 AM
where can I get a new bathroom fan,the motor turns but the fan will not. It is the one overhead in the bath area outside the shower and above the toilet area.

Jeff

77newell
05-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Several years ago I bought one from a company that supplies parts for step vans or delivery vans. I'm sure if you do a search on step van repair parts you will find the company and then the parts you need. Just be sure to get the right rotation for the fan blades you have, you don't want your fan to suck..... outside air that is.

NewellCrazy
05-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Follow Jon's advice, making a quick search with those keywords will yield your parts.

Vents & Fans Stepvan (http://store.stepvanparts.com/VENTS-FANS-STEPVAN.HTM)

ccjohnson
05-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Our's has Fantastic Fans. They are warranteed for life. RV dealers that handle them will usually exchange no cost for parts.

Neweller
05-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks Jon and Sean for the info and efforts. It's kind of crazy that you can look up step van and find these kind of parts.

This link goes straight to the page from the site Sean posted: Roof Wall Mount Vents Stepvan (http://store.stepvanparts.com/ROOF-WALL-MOUNT-VENTS.HTM)

It looks like selection "K" may be the right motor, the fan "L" right next to it looks the same as well, I don't have the part numbers handy from when I last worked on one of my coaches but maybe someone can verify if this is correct. I know most of the fans in the cracker box coaches are closer to "C" the rinky dink looking one. Now if a person wanted to up grade to a quieter larger fan he could more than likely go with selection "A".

Neweller
05-06-2013, 06:08 PM
I agree with Clint, the Fantastics are always a great choice. In fact "A" on the links posted above look very similar to a Fantastic vent. It shows the larger black motor.

I did verify and all those fan pieces are the correct parts for the Newells with the metal 4-blade. This company shows the inside and outside covers, motor and metal fan. This is actually very good info since I looked long and hard for this info and only found the motor. Kind of hard to believe that a step van uses the same stuff. This is a score for many of you.

JustDustin
05-06-2013, 06:29 PM
That's why they call them Fantastic Fans. I like a company who offers lifetime warranties.

77newell
05-07-2013, 12:17 PM
In my 77 coach the "K" and "L" would be the one I used. The "A" version or the fantastic Fantastic fan have a much larger opening and would require some structural work that I was unwilling to do.

folivier
05-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Fantastic Fan was bought out a couple years ago. The new owner may or may not honor the lifetime warranty anymore. Worth a try though. They are great fans.

prairieschooner
05-07-2013, 02:01 PM
I had to replace one of the Fans on our '82 a few years ago. Good news for me that Newell still had 2 Fan Blades with Motors and one Vent Housing left in stock, bad news for you is that I bought them all.
I agree that the Motor (K) and Fan Blades (L) do look like they may work but you should check the dimensions. Mine were held in place with a Clamp style Mount. As a side note, I also needed to replace a Fan Motor in one of the Suburban Heaters and they looked like they should work.

I would suggest that you replace Both the Motor and the Fan Blades just for giggles.

DavidBall
05-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Been searching for some of these parts, Great find!