PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Motor Coach Storage

Novice Traveler
05-09-2013, 05:14 PM
If the motor coach won't be moved for roughly 6 months, what is the best way to leave it parked? with blocks to protect the air bags? I would appreciate your input and advice. Thanks.

Novice Traveler

folivier
05-09-2013, 05:44 PM
I've usually just left it plugged in ready to travel.
I'm leaving my coach for a month in a few days and it will be plugged in to 50 amps at a campground. I'll probably leave the auto-leveling on and 110v compressor on with the slides in.
What do other people do? One suggestion I've gotten is to level the coach then turn off the leveling.

77newell
05-09-2013, 07:02 PM
My 77 coach is just left with everything turned off. I drain the water tanks and water system which is especially important in the winter. If I cannot be around to periodically charge the batteries then I remove them to my house or a place that will periodically charge them (that's what children are for). We have a fully covered roof vent that I leave open summer or winter.

I do all this if storage is to last longer than a month to six weeks no matter the time of year. It is probably overkill in some respects but it gives me a secure feeling that when I plan to next use it I know exactly what is needed to get going.

GringoPhil
05-10-2013, 03:57 AM
Park your coach onto wood pieces atleast this is what the tire manufactures recommend.