PDA

View Full Version : Newell Coach Inspection Help Needed!

Gizmo
05-13-2013, 11:29 PM
I'll be inspecting an used Newell Coach this coming weekend and according to the owner it will not start from the dash key. I was told you can hear noise back in the engine compartment. It can be started from the rear and I'm told it starts right up with no problems and I could drive it home. Is that O.K to do? and I'm thinking that maybe there is a forward ground for the ignition key that might be loose?
Any help would be great.
Thanks

prairieschooner
05-13-2013, 11:41 PM
please post more info

folivier
05-14-2013, 12:28 AM
There is a safety switch in the rear that may be in the wrong position.
Look in the engine compartment where all the wiring and relays are.

Dom Ferris
05-14-2013, 04:29 AM
Bad ground maybe?

Gizmo
05-14-2013, 04:32 AM
Hello,

Not sure what other information is wanted or that I can share at the moment. Thank you to those who have given me some direction I will definitely check those when I make my inspection.

Gizmo

MrE
05-14-2013, 04:04 PM
please post more info

Gizmo, coach year and engine make and model would help. If it has an ECM the release version.

NewellCrazy
05-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Gizmo, coach year and engine make and model would help. If it has an ECM the release version.

:dito: More than likely it is probably something simple causing the problem.

jWolfe
05-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Hire a professional or take a friend that might know a little. It's always good to have a second opinion if you aren't too sure. Plus a second set of eyes and ears will make sure you don't miss anything that could be a major concern.