PDA

View Full Version : best degreaser?

Jon ghiles
05-20-2013, 02:03 AM
I went to Autozone and looked at a couple. Purple Power was the guys choice but it says not to use on aluminum. Simple Green is available but I never had much luck with Simple Green cleaners. These are just generic degreasers. They also have engine degreasers, with Gunk being a brand name that I recognize.

Does anyone have a particular degreaser they'd like to recommend?

cdat
05-20-2013, 03:21 AM
What are you trying to degrease, engine and compartment, chassis, bays, or radiator? Does it have to be "environmentally friendly"?

NewellCrazy
05-20-2013, 03:44 PM
use Air conditioning AC coil cleaner. It will clean anything and make it like new.

Newell Boss
05-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Grez-off is a very good product available at Carquest stores. just watch it around paint.

Jon ghiles
05-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Trying to degrease my engine/engine compartment

Ron in South Dakota
05-20-2013, 11:34 PM
If your considering using a pressure washer I'd be very careful with one. I'd suggest NOT using it on the radiator although others will disagree with me. To each their own I guess.

Ron

chockwald
05-21-2013, 12:30 AM
You can use a pressure washer to clean your radiator, just be sure you don't have the pressure maxed out. Most pressure washers have a pressure adjustment. Have cleaned my radiator several times with a pressure washer and suffered no damage. Works best if you also have an inline water heater, which mine does...heats water up to 250 degrees....fast and efficient.