PDA

View Full Version : Microwave/Convection

Art Knapp
03-04-2003, 04:05 PM
The 20 year old Sharp microwave/convection in our 1983 Newell finally quit on us. I want to but a new microwave/convection oven to replace it. For short periods of time (may up tp 30 minutes) the new microwave will be powered by our Heart Freedom 3000-watt inverter. I have read that some microwaves work better than others using this modified sine wave power source. Any suggestions as to brand or model?

Raul Cortez
05-01-2003, 01:14 AM
Art, Our Sharp micro/convection oven has gone out on us two times on our 1995 Newell. Both times my wife was using the oven for over an hour of heating. I found that the problem was a blown fuse. I now carry extra fuses with me. It wasn't the easiest fuse to get to, but where there's a will, there's a way. Had to remove the oven from its place and then take the cover off the back and just looked for ceramic fuses. If you don't wan't to mess with that, then you could always call a repair company like Sears. They should be able to fix it a lot cheaper than buying a new one. Good Luck.....Raul

Art Knapp
05-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Raul, Thanks for the info, but ours took the "big dump". I pulled it out and took it to a local repair shop. They said it was not worth fixing. It is now at the dump. I just need a recommendation for a replacement. What brand/model are they using for the current Newells?

Tuga Gaidry
07-27-2003, 02:00 AM
I was told by Tommy Key that Sharp Microwave/Convection model R930BK is the unit that is being installed in new coaches. It comes in white, black, and stainless.

Good luck!