PDA

View Full Version : best enclosed trailer for hauling my RZR XP4 900 LE

PHANTOM
05-26-2013, 03:03 PM
For those of you who pull enclosed trailers for your ATVs/UTVs... What is the best enclosed trailer for hauling a RZR XP4 900 LE ? What enclosed trailers brand do you own and why? What do you like about them? What don't you like about them? Thanks!

The Newell
05-26-2013, 03:09 PM
get an enclosed V-nose that the front door also folds down to unload from. Get at least two lights in it. I'm not partial to any particular brand, but get an aluminum one that won't rust.

Happy Trailer Hunting,

Joseph

cdat
05-26-2013, 08:07 PM
You can go with anything from an Interstate up to a custom Featherlite, depends on what you want to spend. As Joseph said, aluminum won't rust and is usually lighter then a steel trailer of the same size. A V nose with a front door makes it easy to haul other items, ie: BBQs, chairs etc, and if the door drops down very easy to unload items. That being said, don't fall for the "V nose saves fuel" from a salesman, makes no difference when it comes to fuel savings. I would also second getting a couple of lights, and I'd go for a rear "ramp" door with an electric winch lift. My last trailer, I put kitchen type flooring in, nice black and white checked, up to about the halfway mark on the walls, just hosed it out and took a squeegee to it when I was done, kept it clean.

Newell Attack
05-26-2013, 09:20 PM
I'd tow something with good aerodynamics. V nose would be a good option, or at least a trailer with lower height than your coach.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
05-26-2013, 10:49 PM
If you travel in California, watch your overall length.

PDN
05-27-2013, 12:39 AM
Check out JIMGLO Trailers - Car Trailers | JIMGLO Trailers (http://www.jimglo.com)

PDN
2004 Newell #685

larryweikart
05-27-2013, 01:24 AM
4161Here's a pic of ours which was built with the DBX system. There are no axles on this trailer which give us pass-thru storage and you can probably tell that it is Air suspended and has 4 wheel air brakes. I believe the most important features on a trailer is plenty of braking power, proper tires for the weight you intend to carry, excellent suspension and a very strong hitch.

Neweller
05-27-2013, 03:09 AM
Here is a direct link to the JimGlo Trailers that "PDN" posted above. I am really impressed with the accessibility of those trailers if your hauling cars or toys. Truly an amazing design. I had seen there trailers years ago but never new they were building a slick setup like that. The video is in high resolution so you can blow it up full screen if you choose. Thanks for sharing that wonderful link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C6Tjs3cjwD0

Larry, your trailer is also a very slick sounding setup. I would love to see an inside pick of how the floor is. I have never used a trailer without axles and that could have several advantages for sure. So it must operate spindles and such off the main frame with air bags huh? hmm....

larryweikart
05-27-2013, 01:30 PM
41634162Here's an inside pic of the top part as I have never taken any pics of the bottom as it is always too packed to get any good ones. It was built by Angola Coach back when they were converting Prevosts. You're correct Ken, the spindles are attached to the steel box which becomes the base for the construction of the rest of the trailer. I have over 300,000 miles on it and have had very few problems and it pulls behind the Newell like it isn't even there. Because of its size backing up is very easy.

Neweller
05-27-2013, 04:59 PM
That is one slick setup Larry! Who would have known you were sporting a commercial kitchen in your trailer. I always thought you were dragging around other gear like one of those event tents or something. My daughter Erika would sure love this unit, since she's a cooking machine herself.:thumbup:

stewart33
05-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Larry that is a cool trailer. What's one like that cost?

larryweikart
05-29-2013, 12:51 PM
In 1996 the base was 40G's and the finished product was just shy 0f 100, but that includes very expensive commercial restaurant equipment. We have 2 and one will be for sale this fall for substantially less as we are semi-retiring.

stewart33
05-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Larry, Oh I believe it, I know that commercial restaurant equipment isn't cheap.

Yachts
05-29-2013, 07:03 PM
I might be interested in the one you are selling

RV Fun
05-29-2013, 08:37 PM
I have an ATC trailer and also have 900. Great trailer!

1993Newell
05-29-2013, 08:41 PM
You can go with anything from an Interstate up to a custom Featherlite, depends on what you want to spend. As Joseph said, aluminum won't rust and is usually lighter then a steel trailer of the same size. A V nose with a front door makes it easy to haul other items, ie: BBQs, chairs etc, and if the door drops down very easy to unload items. That being said, don't fall for the "V nose saves fuel" from a salesman, makes no difference when it comes to fuel savings. I would also second getting a couple of lights, and I'd go for a rear "ramp" door with an electric winch lift. My last trailer, I put kitchen type flooring in, nice black and white checked, up to about the halfway mark on the walls, just hosed it out and took a squeegee to it when I was done, kept it clean.

John like the commercial grade kitchen flooring?