PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Newell Motor Coach on ebay

Erika
06-09-2013, 03:50 AM
Hope everyone is doing well this evening. I was browsing ebay and came across this 1994 Newell buy now @ $45,000 or starting at auction for $30,000.

1994 Newell Motor Coach in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Newell-Motor-Coach-/130924037279?forcev4exp=true#v4-41)

Newell Coaches are the best in the industry. www.newellcoach.com (http://www.newellcoach.com/)

This is a good looking, solid and smooth running coach. It has been well maintained and is ready to drive coast to coast.
This coach will easily handle a large trailer with it's time tested, 500 HP Detroit 8v92 power plant and Allison pushbutton automatic transmission.
The coach has been serviced regularly by Detroit Diesel / Allison dealer in Libery, MO. It starts with ease every time and runs down the road strong.
The large 17kW generator has been rebuilt and is accessible via front air slide out.
Three basement air conditioners keep the coach cool during the hot summer.
AquaHot domestic water heating system / interior heating system uses diesel or electric power (shore or generator).
New 3 way NorCold refrigerator freezer in galley. Also, Norcold basement freezer/refrigerator mounted on air slide out.
All tires replaced with new Toyo's in the fall of 2009 (10,000 miles ago). Tread is in excellent shape.
Original manuals included.
Must sell due to work transfer / relocation.
This is a great "starter" Newell that will hold it's value for years to come. Enjoy it for a few years and sell it for the same $ amount before you trade up.

Randy J
06-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks for posting. I passed this auction listing on. to my brother in law. Hes been after us to find him a good deal on a coach. Maybe he can look into this one.

Neweller
06-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Randy, if your brother or anyone else needs any assistance with checking this coach out, I'm not too far from it and could go give it the once over, get additional pictures and information.

Twins
06-10-2013, 03:11 AM
I noticed this newell has an aqua-hot, does anyone know what year was first to receive aquahots? Can an aqua-hot be installed in a classic? Anyone care to share their knowledge and expertise?

fulltiming
06-10-2013, 03:38 PM
I believe this one sold on Ebay back in 2009 for $37,351. It was a repo at that time so some work may have had to be done to it. As you can tell from the VIN it is 38'2" long. Nice looking coach. I like the wood floors in the front 1/2 of the coach. There were a few 1993 model Newells with AquaHot.

Cheri Smith
06-10-2013, 05:36 PM
If someone didn't like the blue laminate I wonder what it would take to have it redone?

rellick
06-10-2013, 05:56 PM
If someone didn't like the blue laminate I wonder what it would take to have it redone?
Its really not that hard of a job to do, and it can be done in a couple of days depending on the condition of the floor underneath.The best and easiest way is to take everything out, so its one big open area. Remove the old flooring and make sure the subfloor is sound, replace any bad spots and I like to glue and screw a new plywood underlay subfloor over the whole floor, this will tie it all together nicly and you will have a very sound floor for years to come. Choose a good quality flooring, there isnt that many square feet so spend a little extra and get the good stuff, you will be glad you did!!

Neweller
06-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Keith, I believe Cheri and Ralph are talking about the blue laminate walls. The flooring looks great in that coach from the pictures but who knows without an in person inspection. I've learned that from a couple of others. I also agree about removing things to resurface the floor. Man is it easier that way. I have done the same thing in houses when remodeling kitchens or baths especially. Then install all the cabinets and such back over the new floor. Just like the guy who learned the hard way on installing the new floor in Dave and Marjories Newell. Took way way longer than he (the installer) anticipated.

Regarding the laminate wall surface; I can only suggest painting or covering things depending on the area. I have painted plenty of laminate and the main thing is preparing the surface. Home Depot sells an amazing primer called "Gripper" and it was originally designed to be a glue but became a primer instead. It's amazing stuff. Sticks to almost anything and is not coming off. I have used it, then applied a faux finish, and a clear urethane or epoxy clear coat. Just have to decide on your preferred finish and sheen. Otherwise if you are good with laminate that is always the pricier option.

I'm sure Mike (mnhoff) may have some pointers since that is his old profession. Or anyone else for that matter?

folivier
06-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I think Cheri was talking about the laminate on the cabinets. Can't these be painted?

rellick
06-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Sorry I guess I should have looked at the pics lol

Hugo
06-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Anything can be done but the funny thing is. It seems like every fashion or interior decor comes back around. I would suggest you like blue and update other interior items.

hotrodhornet
06-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Well, My brother and I are driving my new to me newell back to San Antonio. This coach is in great shape, runs beautiful ,fully serviced and ready to go. The green laminate inside doesn't look as bad in person as it does in the pictures. The surprising thing is everything works and there is just a few small items that need to be addressed.When I called after the auction ended and started talking with the owner we discovered that we knew each other already, 7 years ago I bought my 1981 classic from him, I had no idea it was the same person when I was bidding on it. I can't believe I actually own it. I thought it would be years before I was able to afford a coach this nice. Paul

rellick
06-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Congratulations! Sounds like you got a great deal on a nice coach! Are you planning on keeping the 82?

Neweller
06-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Congratulations Paul! So glad to see you were able to take advantage of the opportunity when it presented itself. That Newell wasn't very far from me and it's a nice one. You did great on this deal. Are you already heading south with it? Glad to have another gear head with us.

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
06-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Paul, congratulations on your purchase. This is always a happy time. However, I would like to alert you to be careful with those Toyo tires. Several years ago, Country Coach replaced my front Michelin tires with larger Toyo tires and Alco wheels. Both Toyo tires blew out within 15,000 miles due to thread separation, one blew on I-10 at 70 mpg. Toyo would not honor their warranty because I did not save the carcuses, which without the thread were a big bundle of razor sharp steel and not safe to handle.

hotrodhornet
06-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Yes ,we are in Oklahoma City now and expect to be home home by 5:00.
I am going to sell the 1981 as soon I take care of some cosmetic issues, painting the grey stripe around it and recovering the front seats. And a few other things Thanks for the well wishes!! Paul

hotrodhornet
06-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks Chester, I will keep an eye on them and hope for the best. They look great now but I hope I have better luck than you did. Paul

stewart33
06-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Paul congrats on the new purchase. Happy and safe travels. It will be great to hear about your new to you coach.

Randy J
06-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Congrats on the winning bid. My brother in law was looking at this coach. He didn't bid but he did call on it. Glad to see you are happy with it. We love our 91.

The Newell
06-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Congrats, You purchased a very nice Newell Coach and out standing price to boot. What are you asking for your 1981 Newell?

hotrodhornet
06-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Well, I quess if everything went smooth all the time we wouldn't have anything to talk about.
We were close to Waco on 1-35s and lost power, pulled over and it was in limp mode. No codes in ddec.
i checked fuel filters, looked at the wiring,killed the power and tried to reset the ECM but nothing seemed to work.
i pushed the circuit breaker reset for the ddec and after that it would not even start. It was blowing the ddec circuit breakers, they didn't feel quite right so I replace both of them with a 20 amp fuse.
i did find a loose ground wire to the coolant level sensor, but there was no codes in ddec for that so not sure if it caused the problem of not. After replacing the circuit breakers it started right up and made it home. So not sure if I still have a problem or not. Paul

hotrodhornet
06-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Congrats, You purchased a very nice Newell Coach and out standing price to boot. What are you asking for your 1981 Newell?
Not really sure yet, I really have to clean and fix up a few things. The grey paint on the outside looks terrible so that is first on the list. It is in great shape mechanically, has good tires. I use it about twice a month to race in Sealy Texas pulling my 10,000 lb. enclosed trailer. I would trust it to go anywhere, but cosmetically it needs some attention, it does have some rust, worst is in the water compartment, I was going to take that out and redo the floor if I kept it. Paul

1993Newell
06-18-2013, 02:49 PM
That's why a Newell stands out above the rest. :) It may be an older coach but still runs strong with mostly cosmetic changes to be done because fabrics become worn out and out dated after many years.

rellick
06-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Paul, hopefully it was just your ground wire, awsome you were able to get it up and running again yourself!!:bandit:

JustDustin
06-20-2013, 09:34 PM
hotrodhornet Congrats man!

hotrodhornet
06-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Thanks, we are on our first trip already down to padre island for a family vacation, running great and everything is working fine.
One thing I noticed is this coach Has quite a bit less storage room and counter space than my 36 ft. Classic. I was up until 2 am tues night transferring everything from the 81 to the 94 and started running out of room fast. I am going to have to spend more time organizing everything. Love the shower and the dinette. Paul

77newell
06-21-2013, 02:29 AM
hotrodhornet: congrats man. I went from a 77 coach 37ft long to a 93 coach 39 foot long and the storage math ain't workin out. The 77 had way more storage inside. The only thing I can think of is that the the extra 2ft went for the endcaps and the storage went to open space in the bath area. Not only that but the 77 had one more chair in the lounge. I think there must of been a warp in the space-time continuum between 77 and 93. If I just had a flux capacitor we probably could straighten all this out.