PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Quad Slide

rellick
06-19-2013, 05:14 AM
Looks to be a good price for very nice quad slide coach! :o NEWELL 45 FEET 4 SLIDES - British Columbia RV For Sale - Kijiji British Columbia Canada. (http://bc.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-RVs-campers-trailers-RVs-motorhomes-NEWELL-45-FEET-4-SLIDES-W0QQAdIdZ494525048)

mnhoff
06-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks Rellick. I want two Newells also. I am waiting for a return anwser from them, then may fly out.

rellick
06-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Hey, awsome, I hope it works out for you!!:thumbsup:

Randy J
06-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Joining the ranks of owning more then one Newell at one time eh? ;) :thumbup:

Neweller
06-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Is this really a legit deal? Mike did you call them or write them? This number does come on it. Hopefully it's not any kind of scam, that's a really great price as long as it is the real deal. There is a phone number posted. Did you call it Keith?

(971) 266-4759

mnhoff
06-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Not sure if a real deal or not. I have called and e mailed with no replys as of yet. What would a good price be on this unit if proven to be in excellent condition? If the coach does not have aqua hot as shown in the pic what is the heating system it would have. The phone # is an Oregon number so it may be consigned?? Mike

Dom Ferris
06-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Sound fishy, 77K for a 2000 quad slide Newell. Let us know the outcome.

rellick
06-19-2013, 03:49 PM
I havent called the # just noticed the ad last night, I am Newelled right up so I posted here to pass the deal on to someone here. I hope its not a bs ad, I really hate those.:cursing: It almost looks to good to be true but you never know. If you get ahold of them let me know I could possibly get one of my uncles to run over there to take a peek or maybe secure the sale if needed.

rellick
06-19-2013, 04:04 PM
I called left a message, texted and sent an e-mail asking to remove the ad if it is sold or reply. Ads that are bs usually dont include the phone # it may have sold? It sure would be nice to know!! :banghead:

Neweller
06-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Not saying this is a scam or anything, but would be very careful. Mike with or without an aquahot, many folks would stand in line for this kind of deal. I would love to see you score it for that price. I swear I've seen this coach advertised for a whole lot higher price. But one never knows of those sleeper deals. Now days there are scams that are including phone numbers. Say the seller was in Canada or the coach for that matter, and the deal is a scam, the seller may not reply back to anyone that appears to be near by, hoping he will have a handful of anxious buyers waiting to send long distance deposits, hopefully from out of the country. He could be using a Magic Jack, Skype, VM or what have you number. There are so many ways to scam with the internet. Even with all the security measures on sites like ebay, it goes on in a daily basis.

Remember, I'm not saying that is the case here, just looking out for another Newell brother. I hope this is real and works out smoothly.

ccjohnson
06-19-2013, 04:20 PM
I tried number. It is a Google number. Really sounds like a scam to me.

77newell
06-19-2013, 04:23 PM
This is a scam pure and simple in my opinion. One of the photos has "Austin Box Truck LLC" on it. Googled that and found a similar offering for a Ferrari that turned out to be a scam:BEWARE- BE CAREFUL- BUYING A CAR ONLINE - FerrariChat.com (http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferrari-discussion-not-model-specific/402462-beware-careful-buying-car-online.html)

The guy apparently lost $2600 deposit.

When things don't add up we shouldn't pony up.

rellick
06-19-2013, 04:42 PM
I reported this ad to kijiji as a scam, if its not, the owner should answer up!! Sorry to all, and glad at least no one sent any money!! I will follow up with anymore info.

Neweller
06-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Keith, there was nothing wrong with sharing about this in the first place. Many of us are savvy buyers and such. But if it is a great deal, it would be nice to know about it, right? But then at the same time, why not expose a scam if it's one too. Sometimes you just have to open things up to bring things to light. It's just like the administrators on this site, they have to scrutinize new members a little, so we don't fall prey to forum or message board scammers. Just like a Newell I had recently looked at in person, the deal was a scam and the guy even had a title, but something smelt fishy with the deal, and sure enough it was. The title wasn't truly clear.

Yachts
06-19-2013, 05:16 PM
I called emailed and texted.. I would have been a buyer too.. If a deal like this comes up real we might need a lottery so we don't bid each other up:)

afrench45
06-19-2013, 11:22 PM
This coach is a 2003. It was listed by autoboss for several months for $333,000 then lowered to $275000. To my knowledge, the first quad slide was a 2001 also.

heres a link to the coach: http://bus-stuff.com/2003NewellWaynes.htm

Neweller
06-19-2013, 11:33 PM
http://www.luxurycoachclassifieds.com/2003-newell-45-quad-slide-rear-bath/

It was over at www.newellclassifieds.com (http://www.newellclassifieds.com) for quite a while. I think they must have raised the price back up do to low ballers.lol!

jWolfe
06-20-2013, 01:01 AM
If it sounds too good to be true...it most likely is. Too bad.

NewellCrazy
06-20-2013, 01:08 AM
If it sounds too good to be true...it most likely is. Too bad.

I totally agree JWolfe.

ccjohnson
06-20-2013, 05:09 AM
Ken they probably have been reading Dave's posts & realized they had priced too low!!

NewellCrazy
06-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Ken they probably have been reading Dave's posts & realized they had priced too low!!

Your probably right Clint just don't tell Dave LOL! J/K Dave were giving you a hard time.

Neweller
06-20-2013, 03:48 PM

Thanks a lot Dave! There are no more deals left for all of the rest of us poor souls who have been looking for a steal of a deal like some others we know.:banghead:

express1
06-21-2013, 01:41 AM
I've got a non-slide coach that would make a great second coach!!!!:o

Dave-n-Marjorie
06-21-2013, 01:42 AM
Guess what........I called the number and got right through, talked to Jean-Lafit Boujoulis. Told him quad slide Newells should be priced $250k or more. He said no problem, he will change the ad and raise the price in line with Prevosts. :)

mnhoff
06-21-2013, 03:02 AM
After many e-mails and phone calls to Tom at Lufkin trucks in San Atonio Texas regarding the newell it mysteriously was pulled off the market today after speaking with Tom the owner. Missed out on a very reasonablely priced coach after paying to much for our 95 that we were going to sell. I am very hurt that because of someone's interference my wife and I lost out on our dream coach. Mike & Nancy Hoffart Alberta Canada

Yachts
06-21-2013, 03:10 AM
Ok,, so was this a con or was it real.. I'm confused....

Neweller
06-21-2013, 03:27 AM
It still has me puzzled, as I've heard three different names of the supposed owner. I've also heard and read it was a 2003 quad-slide, and then it became a 2000 quad-slide that was advertised with pictures of a 2003 quad-slide. I have verified that it was not the 2003 quad-slide but have no idea if it was really a 2000 quad-slide that supposedly no quads were built that year.

Some other things to note is that at one moment the coach was in Canada, and then it ended up in Texas, and the seller was using an Oregon phone number.

Studying the equation the writing is on the wall, and I believe the answer is a simple one. I'm sorry to here that hearts were broken over someones con game. I just hope there weren't too many deposits stolen over the deal.

mnhoff
06-21-2013, 03:48 AM
Fact or fiction. The coach in question was a 2000 3 slide S/N 1N9458X83Y1011562 verified by newell. There was no money lost as they did not ask for deposit before viewing.

Neweller
06-21-2013, 08:42 PM
This is one slick deal going on here. I called left a message and got a reply right back from Tom Lufkin aka who know's. He emailed me a whole lot of pictures, told me the tires were bad and the coach came with 6 month engine and trans warranty. He gave me multiple options including 1/3 down in house financing with only 2.9 % interest for 10 years. They have set up a very slick ring to scam tens of thousands of dollars from poor souls. Once they feel the heat from you, then will no longer answer the phone. They even set up a nice little website back on the 10th of the month. They state on the website they have been in business for about 12 years doing an honest business. There address comes back as a M2 industrial site previously used by an Insurance salvage pool that used to attend. Pretty damn small world don't you think. They photo shopped their street sign picture for their website and I'm sure the fishing line does a very good job at reeling in the dough.

This scam was well thought out and a lot of work has been put into it. I'm sure the sale of this coach will be ending soon. And on to the next sucker deal they will go. I could only imagine how many have been scammed on it so far. I know we have save a handful of you a fist full of dollars.

I know Keith kind of feels bad posting this link, but if he didn't the scam would be in full force.............

Oh - here's their street address: 10475 Somerset Rd San Antonio, TX 78211. I wonder if they actually receive deposits there? Of course Tom did say deposits are optional as it is first come first serve basis. No real pressure, but as you all know the deal is so awesome, you would be crazy not to give them a CC# or wire a deposit. You can go look at it 7 days a week. This is kind of interesting since dealerships are not opened on Sundays in Texas.:bolt:

ccjohnson
06-21-2013, 09:14 PM
The coach # on my e-mail from Tom was 676. Coach is supposed to be in San Antonio. I bought it!!! But not until I can touch it & clear title.

Neweller
06-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Clint, you are only joking I hope? Don't tell me you went for a pre-rally special? The guy is supposed to call me back if there has been a deposit on her. The crazy thing is, I have also spoken with previous seller of the coach and they recently sold her for around $270k.

rellick
06-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Tom phoned me too and said it was a 2000 4 slide, asked him about the deposit left yesterday, he hesitated and said the guy didn't show up, sounds like bs to me too. Don't get suckered in people!!!!

Neweller
06-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Well, I guess they don't know if it's a 2000 or a 2003, or maybe depending on who you are and what Tom feels you will believe may make a difference.

For those looking for a real deal, I do know of a couple of them, but they are not anywhere near the price of this super duper enterprising deal. But they are below their true values.

ccjohnson
06-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Haven't heard back from Tom.

Cheri Smith
06-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Not a good sign... :unsure:

NEWELLWIZARD
06-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Clint did you send Tom a deposit?

ccjohnson
06-22-2013, 03:29 PM
He never gave me instructions on how & where to send any funds.

rellick
06-22-2013, 03:49 PM
The ad for this coach is no longer listed. I never heard anything back from Kijiji ill contact them and follow up.
Did you talk to Tom again Mike?

mnhoff
06-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Kieth no I have not. I know I am today a wiser person.

Yachts
06-22-2013, 04:05 PM
I like knowing we have a small community here that helps and communicates:)

Neweller
06-22-2013, 04:16 PM
I think Tom knows the time is running out on this deal, as the last time I spoke to him, he was acting really weird, as I told him I have my flight booked and I'll be down there Saturday. Now when I call, nobody answers and the call just ends, no voice mail and no Tom answering the phone.

Bluestraveler
06-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Has anyone verified it's a scam? If so the local authorities should be contacted.

ccjohnson
06-27-2013, 08:42 PM
News flash!!!! Just talked to Tom someone from Louisianna bought the coach today. And I was sending courier with a check. Oh well, at least now I can buy fuel to head south from Spearfish! Having a great time here BTW.

Neweller
06-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Did you ask Tom if he charged any extra for the "Taillight Warranty"? I'm sure glad you have some fuel money left. The next question is, are you getting ready for a marathon run with your updated '92 coach?

Dave-n-Marjorie
06-28-2013, 03:59 AM
Clint, dont feel bad or think this is real. I know of a dealership that offered $200k sight unseen wells fargo wired in 2 hours and they kept getting the run around from Tom. I probably would take what Tom says with a grain of salt....if it sounds too good to be true...it probably is....This was a fake deal, know matter what Tom says...I know of a 2001 burned up quad slide non driveable that sold for over $100k.....Was just at Newell two days ago and talked to the guys about this deal...they laughed....said you could part it out for more than that....

ccjohnson
06-28-2013, 04:21 AM
I would pay 77K for it no problem. But only after inspecting it & paperwork. I was surprised that Tom never asked me to send a deposit.

jWolfe
06-28-2013, 03:31 PM
From this thread you can see that quite a few people would have been willing to pay that and more for this Newell Coach. This Tom guy doesn't seem legit... just because he will talk to people on the phone and not take a deposit most certainly doesn't mean it was a real deal . He was obviously up to some dirty tricks if a dealer was willing to drop $200,000 sight unseen like Dave stated and he didn't do it? It's sad to see scammers up to no good. I'm not sure what Tom was trying to pull but hopefully whatever he was trying to do didn't work out. If it's too good to be true, and all you get is a run around... steer clear!

speedingsport
06-29-2013, 05:01 AM
Clint, dont feel bad or think this is real. I know of a dealership that offered $200k sight unseen wells fargo wired in 2 hours and they kept getting the run around from Tom. I probably would take what Tom says with a grain of salt....if it sounds too good to be true...it probably is....This was a fake deal, know matter what Tom says...I know of a 2001 burned up quad slide non driveable that sold for over $100k.....Was just at Newell two days ago and talked to the guys about this deal...they laughed....said you could part it out for more than that....

Wait am I reading this right or what? Dave, did the dealership actually send a wire and get ripped off? or did they only make an offer and were willing to wire the cash?!?!?! :sneaky:

Dave-n-Marjorie
06-30-2013, 05:27 AM
Dealer called and offered to immediatly wire a $5k deposit and agree on a sell price of up to $200k depending on coach condition/inspection if Tom would fax a copy of the title directly to the F & I dept for verification and proof. Tom said no problem he would do that right away and email his bank routing information back. He never returned a call after that!!! FYI...There are dealers out there willing to pay big money for triple and quad slide Newells and Prevosts, in cash by wire, fly out a tech to pdi it and drive it back to dealership, then sell it in a week or two and make $20k or more. Hard for a individual owner to compete.

Just to let you all know what just happed personally to me two weeks ago. Marjorie and I were renting out a 4 bedroom house near hilton head island (income property) for $1,400 a month and put an ad on craigslist and zillow with pics and my contact information. Got a call from someone who asked if this was a scam, said the exact same house was on both sites with a different phone number for $700 a month. They called it and a foreign person answered said it was their house and emailed them a credit app. They were so excited to get this huge house for $700 a month they filled it out and emailed it back to him. Later that evening they saw our real ad, with my cell phone and realized they might have been scammed. They were!!! The rental credit app asked for all their information, SS#'s DL #'s, bank account numbers, ect...They called me and basically cried on the phone. Someone stole my pics and description and put their phone number in. I asked them if they thought $700 a month for HHI could be possible with every comparible home was over $1300????? They said in the back of their mind, they knew it was too good to be true, but still couldnt take a chance it wasnt.

They learned a hard lesson....if its too good to be true.....it probably is.......

JustDustin
06-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Dealer called and offered to immediatly wire a $5k deposit and agree on a sell price of up to $200k depending on coach condition/inspection if Tom would fax a copy of the title directly to the F & I dept for verification and proof. Tom said no problem he would do that right away and email his bank routing information back. He never returned a call after that!!! FYI...There are dealers out there willing to pay big money for triple and quad slide Newells and Prevosts, in cash by wire, fly out a tech to pdi it and drive it back to dealership, then sell it in a week or two and make $20k or more. Hard for a individual owner to compete.

Just to let you all know what just happed personally to me two weeks ago. Marjorie and I were renting out a 4 bedroom house near hilton head island (income property) for $1,400 a month and put an ad on craigslist and zillow with pics and my contact information. Got a call from someone who asked if this was a scam, said the exact same house was on both sites with a different phone number for $700 a month. They called it and a foreign person answered said it was their house and emailed them a credit app. They were so excited to get this huge house for $700 a month they filled it out and emailed it back to him. Later that evening they saw our real ad, with my cell phone and realized they might have been scammed. They were!!! The rental credit app asked for all their information, SS#'s DL #'s, bank account numbers, ect...They called me and basically cried on the phone. Someone stole my pics and description and put their phone number in. I asked them if they thought $700 a month for HHI could be possible with every comparible home was over $1300????? They said in the back of their mind, they knew it was too good to be true, but still couldnt take a chance it wasnt.

They learned a hard lesson....if its too good to be true.....it probably is.......

Wow that's to bad. I agree if its too good to be true, it probably is. If you have something in the back of your mind telling you it isn't right. Don't do it folks!

Wheeler
06-30-2013, 08:02 PM
After reading this thread it sure makes me grateful for the forum and it's members. It's comforting to know everyone has each others backs here, looking out for one another from scammers. Does anyone know anything about this Tom who is trying to pull some kind of scam? What can be done to turn these guys in?

Dave that's unfortunate for that couple who were fooled into thinking that was a real deal on your house for rent. It shows you how many people actually fall for these scams and it's scary. Please people don't let yourself become a victim to one of these deals. Don't be so quick to give out such personal information.

I remember reading a while back here on the forum about a dealer that was trying to pull a fast one on a coach on ebay. What a disappointment for the guys who are real and honest. :mad: