PDA

View Full Version : Spearfish Newell Friends Rally Gathering June 2013

Neweller
12-28-2012, 06:46 AM
I was asked to post this announcement about a Spearfish, South Dakota Rally being held June 22-28 at Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort. They are hoping for 20 plus Newells and of course other coaches are welcome.

Here is the Info for Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort:

http://www.elkhornridgervresort.com/

Contact Information Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort
20189 US Hwy 85
Spearfish, SD 57783
Phone: 605.722.1800
Toll_Free: 877.722.1800
Fax: 605.722.1802

Speak to Michelle and mention you are inquiring about the Rally Gathering of Newell Owners and she can help you with reservation and rate information.

NewellCrazy
01-04-2013, 04:13 PM
From my understanding they are thinking of limiting it out at about 15 coaches, so I guess I'm out.

Randy J
01-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Leeann and I would be interested in attending but if it's limited out then we'll hit the next one.

Neweller
01-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I don't have any additional information except for what was PM to me by another member and I was never told there would be a coach limit. If this is the case then I will remove this thread altogether unless I hear otherwise.

86loco
01-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Don't know if can get away during June. July would be better.

Neweller
01-04-2013, 11:47 PM
I agree Brady, if it wasn't for a possible limit and being in June I would have considered attending. I will be in the same area in July for a wedding if anyone else is going to be there then.

Ron Skeen
02-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Pilot home office is here in the Knoxville and they started as convenience stores. The program they have with the RV Plus Card is a great deal.
Pilot RV Plus - Contact Us (http://www.rvpluscard.com/ContactUs/)
RV Plus Card members enjoy
these benefits at over 500 Pilot
and Flying J locations:
t Up to 6¢ off gas per gallon*
t Up to 8¢ off diesel per gallon*
t 10¢ off bulk propane per gallon
t 50% off RV dumping fee
t Exclusive coupons and special deals
REFER A FRIEND AND EARN $5.00 ON YOUR NEXT STATEMENT.
Anytime you refer a friend, have them enter your 7-digit User ID in the “Promo Code” box when they apply. Once your friend applies and is approved for the RV Plus Card, you will receive a $5.00 credit on your next statement. There is no limit on the amount of friends you can refer! http://www.pilotflyingj.com/assets/templates/pilot/images/RVTG%202012.pdf I have always use Flying J for traveling and the Pilot C stores here. I will be bringing Pilot Coffee Mugs for everyone who attends the Spearfish Rally. Look forward to seeing everyone and have a great day!

ccjohnson
05-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Is there still an impromtu gathering in Spearfish, SD for June? If so, are these still the dates?

Neweller
05-28-2013, 11:38 PM
The gathering is being held at Elkhorn Ridge RV Park in Spearfish SD the week of June 22-29. There is no registration fee, you reserve an RV site by stating you are inquiring about attending the Newell mini rally and they will handle the rest over the phone. The number to call: 877.722.1800.

speedingsport
05-28-2013, 11:51 PM
I'll be there when the weathers better in August. If you're there the 7th through the 10th at the Sturgis Rally I'll see you there. :thumbup:

ashley
05-30-2013, 12:35 PM
25 coaches so for

ccjohnson
05-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Was hoping it was a bit earlier. We are going to be in Paso Robles, CA for new grand baby on 20th. May try to push for last 2 days but doubtful if we make it.

chockwald
05-30-2013, 10:48 PM
Thank you Ken for putting up the information.......it's not too impromptu Clint.....it's been in the works for about 9 months now. Just confirmed the 26th coach today. A Newell factory representative, John Clark, will be there in a late model Newell coach. Great chance to meet up with other Newell owners and make some new friends.

3Rs
06-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Hello All! This is my first post on this forum, although I have been following it for some time. My wife and I are heading to Gillette, WY for the SKPs Escapade at the end of this month. We are interested in attending the "mini rally" in Spearfish, but when I called Elkhorn Ridge they had no idea what I was talking about. Maybe I need to contact someone else? Is there a specific contact person? Thanks for your help. We are looking forward to meeting fellow "newellies". note: that was my wife's term!!

Jerry

DavidBall
06-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Jerry & Barb,

I too called Elkhorn Ridge and they said there was no more spots available so I guess attending is out of question.

David Ball

Trainer
06-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Well Guys,

I just talked to Elkhorn and there are spaces available and if you call now the lady I talked to will sign you right up. She knew immediately of the Newells coming along with the dates (June 22 to 29). She said she would love to add you all to the folks attending.

Trainer

Chester B. Stone, Jr.
06-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Jerry & Barb, I am also planning to attend the Escapee rally. I am reserved in the 50 amp, full service, area. Perhaps our paths will cross there. I have three weeks of rallies: FMCA, Spearfish, and then back to Gillette for the Escapees.

folivier
06-05-2013, 04:25 PM
I believe the person to talk to at Elkhorn Ridge is Michelle. She should have the info for the rally.

ccjohnson
06-05-2013, 04:44 PM
For what it's worth, if no spaces at Elkhorn Ridge, we have stayed at Chris' Campground in Spearfish the last couple of years. Not as fancy as Elkhorn, but very nice folks there also.

chockwald
06-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Jerry and Barb, David and Maria.....e-mail me at chockwald@gmail.com, or call me at 951-236-5312 for more information.,

3Rs
06-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Just contacted Elkhorn Ridge this morning and was able to reserve a site, although not right with the Newell group. Thanks to everyone for all your help. Looking forward to meeting you there. Safe travels all!

Jerry

Neweller
06-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Jerry, did you end up with a 30 amp spot or a 50 amp? They had told me this morning they had some spots like you stated but with 30 amp service, and if it's not too warm out a person wouldn't have to run off the genset for air. It usually cools down anyways at night and the 30 will run one roof air for the bedroom if needed. I've heard it has been really cool up there this year like a lot of places around the country, but then again it could change up in a hurry too.

ashley
06-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Also Rudys going to be there aquahot trained repair

chockwald
06-21-2013, 04:07 AM
Tom and I are in Wall, SD for the night. We'll be in Spearfish tomorrow afternoon for the mini rally. Looking forward to meeting some more Newell owners. There are about 28 coaches converging on Spearfish at this moment.

We stopped in Wall, SD to see Wall Drug......so many people we have met the past year have insisted we must stop here and see Wall Drug......still not sure what all the hoopla is all about......seems like one big souvenir shop. No doubt the story of the founder of Wall Drug is compelling, but I'm not sure why it is so popular. I guess it's just me.

We spent a few days in Sioux Falls, SD helping Todd Flickema (Flick) finish some projects on his 1984 Newell Classic in preparation for his trip to Spearfish. Todd has done a lot of work since he bought this coach over a year ago, including, as you might recall, having his 8V92 rebuilt. He has redone the interior, and it came out very nicely.

Attached is a picture of our three coaches at the Sioux Falls Fairgrounds.....left to right.....Tom McCloud's 2002 Newell, Todd Flickema's 1984 Newell, andd my 1982 Newell.

Neweller
06-21-2013, 04:15 AM
So, with the new engine, interior upgrades and any other misc., what does Todd have total invested in his '84 gem???

GringoPhil
06-21-2013, 04:20 AM
Those classics look so small compared to that big 2002 Newell especially when the slides are extended.

Newell Attack
06-21-2013, 04:36 AM
So, with the new engine, interior upgrades and any other misc., what does Todd have total invested in his '84 gem???

New engine? What was the reason for a new engine and I too am interested in knowing what the cost was.

ccjohnson
06-21-2013, 04:54 AM
Wish we had the ability to be in 2 places at once! Would love to make the rally. Be sure to post some pics!

ccjohnson
06-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Looks like we will make last half or rally!! We are leaving CA on 24th & should arrive Spearfish on 26th. Can't wait to meet all of you!

chockwald
06-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Cost about $24,000.....just what he paid for the coach.

chockwald
06-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Arrived in Spearfish for the mini rally Friday. So far about 22 coaches here with 8, or 9 more due in the next few days. Raining hard right now (Saturday evening). Many of us spent the morning washing the road grime off our coaches, so at least now it's raining on clean coaches. Easy to wipe off in the morning. Here are a few pix taken earlier when the sun was still out.....by the way there are two Foretravels who have joined the rally. Newell is sending their coach that was at the FMCA rally in Gillette, WY here for a few days on its way back to the factory.

chockwald
06-22-2013, 11:38 PM
And just a few more....

ccjohnson
06-22-2013, 11:43 PM
Great pics Clarke! Can't wait until we get in!

rellick
06-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Those are some nice coaches Clarke, any Classic or vintage pics?

chockwald
06-23-2013, 12:25 AM
I think Todd Flickema and I will be the only Classic coaches here.....he is just arriving in a rainstorm. Pictures to follow...

chockwald
06-25-2013, 02:37 AM
From my understanding they are thinking of limiting it out at about 15 coaches, so I guess I'm out.

Guys, there was never a limit on coaches. I don't know where that came from. We have over 30 coaches here. Thankfully many just called and got a site and came. I didn't see the earliest posts on this thread until today, otherwise I would have responded sooner. For those of you who didn't try to come because they thought there was a limit I apologize for not correcting the misunderstanding sooner.

Those who are here are having a great time. Last night Michael Day (fulltiming) gave us a slide show on the history of Newell, the contents of which were reviewed by several at Newell including Karl Blade prior to presentation. This morning Richard Entrekin (Richard and Rhonda) held two discussions...the first on A/C, and the second on air suspension. This went on for the better part of 4 hours. Tonight we are doing coach tours of half the coaches here who wanted their coaches open to tours. Tomorrow night we will do the other half.

Newell had a show coach at the FMCA rally in Gillette, and they stopped off here in Spearfish overnight so those here could tour the 2010 Newell. Here are some pictures.

Tomorrow John Clark from Newell will hold a discussion on Newell maintenance, and Wednesday we have a couple of guys who represent Aqua Hot holding a discussion on use and maintenance of same. Weather is great with some showers occasionally, but mostly sunny.

ccjohnson
06-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Made it to Beaver,UT tonite. Don't try parking overnite at Flying J here. Street construction has it in a giant cluster. Parking is ok at next exit south. On-line bids 1st thing in the morning then on to Spearfish! Should be in am of 26th.

chockwald
06-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Clint look forward to meeting you tomorrow!

Dave-n-Marjorie
06-28-2013, 03:51 AM
Anyone going to be there friday or sat??? We are in Hermosa for a week......

folivier
06-28-2013, 03:55 AM
A few have left today. Most will leave on Saturday or Sunday, so come on by if you can.

ccjohnson
06-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Here is a work/educational session at rally! Note there is NO shortage of supervisors!4333 We are having a great time here and it is really nice to be able to meet & put faces together with forum posters. One aside, photos do not do justice the the beautiful paint on Clarke's classic!