PDA

View Full Version : Annual Luxury Coach Rally

rellick
06-23-2013, 10:47 PM
There was a thread posted about having a luxury coach rally a while back. I just wanted to see how much interest there would be in having one either in Canada or the US. It would be great to get together and meet in person.
Any thoughts or ideas of when, where and if you would be willing to attend, or help to organize it, please let us know.
It would be nice to invite all luxury coaches or bus conversions new and old. :thumbsup:

Randy J
06-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Keith a luxury coach rally sounds like a great idea. We haven't had the chance to meet any newell owners. Would have liked to went to the mini rally that's going on. But with a luxury coach one we could invite the few people along that we have met since traveling who don't own Newells. We will be looking to hear more about one.

Dom Ferris
06-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Depending on what time of year we are interested in attending.

1993Newell
06-24-2013, 12:01 AM
We'd be willing to attend. Just let us know more once it's all planned. :thumbsup:

MrE
06-24-2013, 01:33 AM
I'm totally amazed with what Rellick has done on his coaches, I think all of us with aspirations of fixing up our coaches ought to descend on Sexsmith Alberta and get some help from the wizard.

rellick
06-24-2013, 02:22 AM
I'm totally amazed with what Rellick has done on his coaches, I think all of us with aspirations of fixing up our coaches ought to descend on Sexsmith Alberta and get some help from the wizard.

Jon, I know your itchin to go for a boat ride!! We will have some beers and take my buddy's 700hp 13 footer out for a rip!!:cheers::bandit:lol

Yachts
06-24-2013, 02:25 AM
I'm definitely in it just would need to be during the summer my wife is a teacher. But suggestions for locations I'm for yellowstone( I'm sure everyone has already been there) or beach is always good.. We are going to a resort in 2 weeks called camp gulf . It is actually right on the beach..

Neweller
06-24-2013, 02:26 AM
Jon, your right about the wizard part. Rellick has done more to Newells in his short time of ownership than anyone I have ever heard or met in the last almost 10 years. Most Newell owners take years to accomplish or go through the learning curve he is already mastering. I fully salute this man!

I would gladly attend any rally you folks can muster whether here in the states or up in Canada. I have my passport and ready to travel. I'm sure there may be some folks who don't have passports but I have to assume most do.

I hope many will chime in and give their opinions and support for the idea or other possible thoughts about this kind of rally and where they could attend. I will gladly check with a couple of sponsors that have mentioned to me in the past about the idea as well. Hopefully they can extend their offer if Canada ends up being the place of choice, I don't know why it would matter.:thumbup:

rellick
06-24-2013, 02:32 AM
Here is one possibility, I havent stayed there but I have heard it is beautiful!! RV Parks & Campgrounds | Shuswap Tourism (http://shuswaptourism.ca/plan/accommodation/rv-parks-campgrounds-listings)
Outdoor Adventure | Shuswap Tourism (http://shuswaptourism.ca/do/outdoor-adventure) if there are any other ideas please post em up!!:typing:

Land yacht
06-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Yachts, are you talking about the camping on the Gulf in Destin, FL? If so we live in Destin, what dates are you here?

rellick
06-24-2013, 02:43 AM
Another possibility? Lake Okanagan Reviews - Kelowna, Okanagan Valley Attractions - TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g154933-d212082-Reviews-Lake_Okanagan-Kelowna_Okanagan_Valley_British_Columbia.html)

86loco
06-24-2013, 02:45 AM
Keith those are some exciting choices. I have not been to that part of Canada. It sounds like a treat. The other suggestions from yachts sound swell too. I'll speak with some other luxury coach owners as well.

rellick
06-24-2013, 02:48 AM
Yachts, here's the link for Camp Gulf looks real nice!! Destin, Florida's CAMP GULF RV Park & Campground (http://www.campgulf.com/)

Yachts
06-24-2013, 02:49 AM
Yes that is where we are staying.. Our date to arrive is the Sunday after the fourth of july (7th) leaving by the next Friday.. We may try to get there early or go to Biloxi first. Not sure.. If you are there we would love to meet you!

mnhoff
06-24-2013, 02:50 AM
Outstanding idea Keith. Good question to where and when. We are just finishing up the acreage and ready to list so this may be a year early for us. But if we can we would be in on that note for sure. Mike & Nancy

speedingsport
06-24-2013, 03:02 AM
A place on the beach or lake would be great. I would love to gather with you folks. I will be thinking on the rally idea and put together some ideas for some places to consider. It would be great to get some luxury coach owners together of all makes and years. :thumbsup:

afrench45
06-24-2013, 03:23 AM
If your in Destin check out Destin RV and beach resort. Its tight to get into, but really pretty and has nice landscaping.
http://www.destinrvresort.com

Yachts
06-24-2013, 03:40 AM
Ill check with them in the morn... A lake would be fun for a rally so would a NASCAR race.. We could maybe meet a driver or 2.. Newell owners of course..:)

ccjohnson
06-24-2013, 04:21 AM
Randy,
It's usually not a hassle for coaches other than sponsoring brand to attend rallies. We have been to 2 Foretravel rallies in Quartzite with our Newell. They are great folks & simply referred to us as "the SOB's" (some other brand). I noticed a couple of Foretravels in the rally pics posted & wonder if they have also been to Kenny Lemon's Foretravel rallies in Quartzite.

Yachts
06-24-2013, 04:37 AM
I didnt mean to exclude others I was talking NASCAR drivers who own a Newell..

chockwald
06-24-2013, 03:03 PM
This is a great idea....I've been involved in putting together 3 Newell min rallies now, and they are a great opportunity to meet fellow Newell owners, although we always have non-owners attending.....we have 3 Foretravels here in Spearfish, and a Class B, plus a Bluebird will be coming in tomorrow. We refer to our rallies as "loosely organized", and that seems to work well as most of us are retired from the organized world and shy away from rigid schedules, and the really large rallies like the FMCA one in Gillette that had 3,000 RV's. The trick is there is no registration fee....only the cost of your site. You attend what discussions you wish to attend, or do your own thing. We have made many many good friends over the years. Hope this comes off!

stewart33
06-24-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't think I could offer much help in the organizing area as my schedule can be pretty all over the place. But once there is a place and time in mind I can try to make it happen. It would be nice to put some faces to names here on the forum. :)

MrE
06-24-2013, 07:05 PM
I sill work full time, so I would have to try to make it happen also. Since I can't do much as far a helping organize, I can share this informative video with everyone, just in case no one brings a bottle opener. :bandit:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0QmKHfYfovk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Land yacht
06-25-2013, 02:40 AM
Yes that is where we are staying.. Our date to arrive is the Sunday after the fourth of july (7th) leaving by the next Friday.. We may try to get there early or go to Biloxi first. Not sure.. If you are there we would love to meet you!

Yachts, Unfortunately, we will be out of town, Destin, until July 21st. If you or another Newell owner comes through town, I would be happy to trade a boat ride (looking for dolphins) for a coach tour. We have our boat and condo for sale and plan to full-time. Meanwhile Destin is a great place - whitest beaches you have ever seen!

Yachts
06-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Well you are welcome to tour anytime.. We just need to be in the same vicinity.. Lol .. Where you gonna be?

Land yacht
06-25-2013, 03:07 AM
We are heading to Redding, CA this weekend for 3 weeks. Destin in the fall is the ultimate, better weather fewer tourists :-) how did you get handle "Yachts" ? I am hoping to move from a motoryacht to a land yacht!

Yachts
06-25-2013, 03:28 AM
I used to have a 61 foot hatteras.. I bought it in Toledo Ohio and drove it to Tulsa ok .. Had it for a couple of years.. Loved it!!! Been looking for a steal on one again.. Found one that was a hurricane Katrina casualty. A guy bought it drove it to Muskogee Oklahoma.. Started to refurb it.. Went through a bankruptcy.. Bank got it back started to finish it..they had it gutted it had overhauled engines new electronics 2 new gen sets and airs.. Other than that it was a shell..the boat to be made sea worthy was another 250k but if you would keep it as a lake boat you could get by for 100k..boats that have sunk are worth about half of a non sunk boat and a early 90's 80 footer was worth 500k..I figured this boat was 300k boat.. It still needed a paint job which is another 80k or so.. I offered the bank 40 for it.. They countered at 300 as is.. Needless to say I didn't buy it..the president of the bank was gonna show his new loan officers how to work his way out of a bad loan.. Last I heard they were 450 into it and it still needed paint..

ccjohnson
06-25-2013, 07:43 AM
Sounds a lot like my banker!

larryweikart
06-25-2013, 01:44 PM
We would definitely be interested in attending and meeting our fellow Newel owners. It all depends on when and where. Newell has rally planned for Northern Mi. which is a very beautiful area in the summer, but we would attend any within a 1000 miles or so. June is the only month we couldn't attend. I would sure look forward to learning a lot from those of you who seem to have a good knowledge of Newells. Always a lot to learn! Look forward to hearing more about the plans. Let's keep the idea moving to fruition.

rellick
06-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Larry, I hope you plan on bringing one of your hotrod toads, :thumbsup:

Neweller
06-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Keith, that is a great idea! I say bring whatever prize ride you have or bring somebody else's. But most of all I'd say bring your self coach and all.

One never knows what fine specimen of a toad Larry could show up in. It may depend on how close we are within his 1000 mile radius? hmm......

And JDaniels can bring the GTO if he hasn't sold it yet. And we don't care what his tow coach is..... hint hint!

I'm sure if we can help Jon E get his power plant back in order, he'll be able to pack her full of beverages! Of course I'll pitch in there too.

1993Newell
06-25-2013, 04:23 PM
lol! It's sounding good so far. :cheers:

Nara Queen
06-25-2013, 04:48 PM
If we have a coach by then you can plan on we'll be there!!!!

Nara

Doppler
06-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Once things are official on a time and place we can let you know if we can attend. Would sure like too.

Yachts
06-26-2013, 12:08 AM
Someone decide on the location.. Anyone ever considered a snow ski winter rendezvous?

ccjohnson
06-26-2013, 03:22 AM
I hate to take the coach anywhere below 32F. Even keep the garage heated!

Neweller
06-26-2013, 03:43 AM
I don't know if Marc is actually talking about parking the coaches in the cold or having close access driving up to a ski resort or something. I'm sure something along those lines may be a little more appealing to the snowbirds. lol. Places like Timberline Lodge up on Mt. Hood have year around skiing for the snow bunny folks. I used to ski once upon a time in June/July up there but that was a long time ago. Don't know if there are other places around North America like that or not. But you could stay within a certain proximity and some folks could play in the snow while others play on their SxS's or even snow mobiles. I guess it some more for the roundtable. I've always missed out on these rally's do to having to make a living and the timing being off. But I'm finally pulling things together and will hopefully have another coach here soon. If I'm not so picky I will be there much sooner.

Maybe some of us young guns will make something happen for a change. I'm glad I'm not so outnumbered any longer.lol!

larryweikart
06-26-2013, 12:53 PM
We hope this plan comes together and at a time we can attend. I have slowly reduced the number of choices I have for a toad but you never know how that could change. Just looked at a very nice 66 Bird Rag-top, one never knows. You youngsters can ski all you want but I'll be picking someones brain about the Newell while you kids are on the slopes. Keep this idea alive Ken and get off your butt and find "that" Newell you've been searching for. (it might be a good idea to keep a rally in the center of the country rather then on one of the coasts, which makes travel time somewhat easier for all who wish to attend.):thumbsup:

ccjohnson
06-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Larry, any interest in a I think 1969 SS with a 427 for about 15K?

JustDustin
06-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Larry you've got a point on it being in the middle. Got any suggestions on where that would be? ;)

rellick
06-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Yachts, So far there hasn't been too many suggestions,

So far we have,
Sexsmith Alberta
Yellowstone WY
Camp Gulf Florida
Shushwap lake BC
Okanagan Lake BC
Did I miss any?
Should we have a vote? or is there any more suggestions?
Winter is bad for me its always my busy season, plus ice and snow seems to plug the pump on the jet boat:banghead:rollinglol

Neweller
06-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Keith the only thing that I could see stopping anyone from a Canuck special will be if they don't have their passport. I would be down as some say with a Canuck Splendor' or anywhere else for that matter. I guess my question is what is the best month for most folks. The slowest months for my current business is late December-January and probably August. But I will surely make it whenever wherever it is this time around.

There could also be another impromptu mini rally in between this one maybe near the east or west coast that other may wish to plan or attend besides one like this.

Larry, I have been negotiating with a seller right as I type this. Just hoping he comes down to my earth on pricing and not my younger brother Dave.

rellick
06-26-2013, 06:11 PM
My wife had a suggestion, but its not central and for us it would have to be next year, how about Alaska, some could meet somewhere south and others could join along the way, perhaps make a poker rally out of it? Is anyone adventurous? Or have an Alaska trip on your bucket list?
I have to get a passport as well, anyone else?

rellick
06-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Perhaps the next year start in the north and head south, say Florida? Or visa versa? Any suggestions?

NewellCrazy
06-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Keith,

My wife and I are open to pretty much anywhere. Alaska, Canada, Florida all are cool just need to know way in advance so we can schedule it.

Sean

Yachts
06-26-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm center of the us.. There is a lake down her named lake oachita. extremely gorgeous.. Several corp of engineer camp sites around.. Only 20 minutes from hot springs.. Might be a neat place.. I kinda like the idea of a 2 week rally that encompasses several locations.. A few days each.. We can caravan together or just attend the parts anyone could make...

rellick
06-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Yachts, thats what we were thinking, say we schedule it for next summer then have a start point with maybe Florida or Alaska and just have several locations along the way, meeting up with others along the way, that way people that can't make the journey can at least go for one or how ever many locations they want. Like a cross country trek.
Poker rallys for those who havent been on one, you buy a hand at the start then you recieve a card at each check point. The one with the best hand at the end wins. Could be set up as a 50/50 where the winner gets half or there could be 1st 2nd 3rd prizes, then the rest could go to a charity or something like that.

I think we should definately put Lake Oachita on the list it looks real nice!!:drool: Lake Ouachita - Arkansas Lakes (http://www.arkansas.com/places-to-go/lakes-rivers/lake.aspx?id=23)

Yachts
06-26-2013, 10:10 PM
That would be cool start in Florida on the beach then an 8-10 hour drive to ark, a 5 hour drive to newel hq for a big blowout at the factory..then 8-10 hours Colorado mountains, 8-10 hours to Yellowstone, then on up to Vancouver or banf... Might be a 2 month rally:) lolol

Neweller
06-26-2013, 10:31 PM
That would be insane! But insanely cool!:thumbup: "Gentlemen Start Your Engines"!!!!! We could put this up on Newell TV and video a bunch of scenes with all the bloopers to boot.rollinglol

NewellCrazy
06-26-2013, 10:46 PM
yeah, maybe we could live stream on NewellTV?

rellick
06-26-2013, 10:48 PM
That would be insane! But insanely cool!:thumbup: "Gentlemen Start Your Engines"!!!!! We could put this up on Newell TV and video a bunch of scenes with all the bloopers to boot.rollinglol
How would that be for reality TV!! A bunch of us river boaters around here were talking about a tv show:bandit:, how about a luxury coach cross country adventure?:thumbsup:What kind of crazy antics would be next!!:party:

NewellCrazy
06-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Keith,

Sky is the limit just need some more hands on deck for some lcl reality tv lol!

Yachts
06-26-2013, 11:00 PM
I wanna video of "what I learned from marrying an older girl". That could be r or x rated..lolol

NewellCrazy
06-26-2013, 11:11 PM
I wanna video of "what I learned from marrying an older girl". That could be r or x rated..lolol

Too Funny!!! LOL!! rollinglol rollinglol

Neweller
06-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Some real crazies around here, but I guess that is what it takes to own a Newell! It's not the ordinary guys motorcoach now is it?

I've been thinking about that caravan rally idea that has been mentioned. Definitely got my motor humming. hmmm.... What do you call something like this anyway? I know that it has obviously been done by others. In fact I was thinking a few years ago a group from I believe IRV2 sent their coaches overseas and ran like a caravan. So an Alaska to Florida or vise verse is doable. It would be pretty cool where folks could run the whole thing or jump in anywhere along the route for however one would like etc...

I do know you have to time your seasons right and we know both those areas are the opposites.

rellick
06-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Here is an option for Alaska, people claim this area is the one of the nicest places they have ever been with beautiful scenery and excellent fishing Klondike RV Park & Cottages (http://www.klondikervpark.com/) and for you Johnny Horton fans...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSt0NEESrUA

..along the way Alaska Highway RV Park and RV Campground - Northern Rockies Lodge (http://www.northernrockieslodge.com/RV_travelers/)

Neweller
06-27-2013, 04:50 PM
That Muncho lake would definitely be a nice stop along the path. You know at least one of them jet boats will have to make the trip. I may have to save some extra pennies to order a custom build myself. lol!

NewellCrazy
06-27-2013, 06:46 PM
I was thinking about what Neweller was saying, Where would the starting point be? Florida and onward to Alaska and back? And what time of Year? Any idea's? I'm not familiar with weather patterns in Alaska so how do you plan it.

rellick
06-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Anytime in July - August is best for us, kids are on holidays....
Florida weather trends Tallahassee, Florida Travel Weather Averages (Weatherbase) (http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=41227&cityname=Tallahassee-Florida-United-States-of-America&units=us)
Alaska weather trends Anchorage - Downtown, Alaska Travel Weather Averages (Weatherbase) (http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=672005&cityname=Anchorage--Downtown-Alaska-United-States-of-America&units=us)

JustDustin
06-27-2013, 08:24 PM
A caravan rally of several locations?! Now we're talking!

chockwald
06-28-2013, 02:19 AM
We've got a caravan going right now, this weekend up to Cochrane, Alberta.....4 coaches leaving Spearfish, SD on Saturday bound for Cochrane. We'll be meeting up with Keith, Krista and family (rellick) at Bow Rivers Edge Campground July 3rd to 10th. There is already one Newell owner there, so we'll have 6 Newells there. Anyone else in the area and want to have an impromptu adventure?

NewellCrazy
06-28-2013, 03:16 AM
Do you mean a Dodge Caravan?:olol!:thumbsup:

rellick
06-28-2013, 03:32 AM
Clarke, sorry somethings come up here and we regretfully won't be able to make it this time. Hopefully next year we can meet up on our cross country trek. You guys have a great time and safe travels. Have a couple beers for me eh!!:bandit::cheers::thumbsup:

rellick
06-28-2013, 04:01 AM
Dodge Caravan!!!?rollinglol WHAT!!!?? Now I want a suped up caravan for a toad!:thumbsup:!:bandit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S51rYn49rJg

MrE
06-28-2013, 02:43 PM
That would make some lucky soccer mom a nice ride!

MrE
06-28-2013, 02:45 PM
I'll have to get the Dog House running so I can join in http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-transport013.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

jWolfe
06-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Passports come into play here but I'd be up for a rally in Mexico or Canada. I know some may not feel comfortable with going down to Mexico? :dontknow: Alaska sounds like quite the adventure too. The season obviously matters most depending on the area the rally will be held. I think some mini rallys in between are a good idea as well.

I work and travel so I would most definitely try and work around a rally being planned. :thumbup:

Randy did you hear that? they're talking a poker rally! Sounds like something right up your alley...and probably a few others. ;)

I say others offer up more suggestions for a location and then add some dates with it and make a poll.

That's my two cents.

bigcatwally
06-28-2013, 04:12 PM
We would plan on attending just depending on when and where.

speedingsport
06-29-2013, 04:39 AM
I'm ready! Let's do this. :bandit:

speedingsport
06-29-2013, 04:48 AM
What about Lake of the Ozarks? :question:

rellick
06-29-2013, 04:42 PM
What about Lake of the Ozarks? :question:

This looks like a nice place!! Missouri Vacation Guide - Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri - Vacation Travel Guide (http://www.funlake.com/index.php)

1993Newell
06-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Talking about lake of ozarks how about here? Osage Beach RV Park - RV Camping at the Lake of the Ozarks | The Premier RV Park at the Lake of the Ozarks. Close to everything at the Lake of the Ozarks, yet secluded and quiet. (http://osagebeachrvpark.net/)

A Clean & Quiet RV Park – perfect for families or retirees.
One of the top 300 Good Sam RV parks in the United States, as rated by Trailer Life, a publication of the Good Sam Club.
A friendly, helpful staff, ready to help you enjoy your stay
Walking distance to a golf course, shopping, and restaurants
5 miles south of Bagnell Dam
2 miles north of the Premium Outlet (with over 100 shops)
10 miles west of Public Beach #1 and 5 miles north of Public Beach #2. Both have swimming, boat launches and docks
Interesting day trips

Cheri Smith
06-29-2013, 06:15 PM
I hope we will be able to attend. I will be keeping an eye out for the rally dates and place. Good luck with the planning!

rellick
06-30-2013, 02:56 AM
I found this place in Idaho looks nice!!:o Cour d'Alene Idaho RV Park - Blackwell Island RV Park - RV Camping (http://www.idahorvpark.com/)

JustDustin
06-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Keith that lake in Idaho looks good! I also like the idea of a place in Lake of Ozarks.

Wheeler
06-30-2013, 08:05 PM
I can't give 100% commitment now but we will sure in the heck try to attend. It would be nice to gather and we'll try to invite some others as well.

Neweller
06-30-2013, 08:23 PM
If some folks can end up doing some kind of marathon or touring type of run, not even sure what to call it yet, then there could be multiple mini rally's maybe even impromptu type like we've done in the past. Some folks maybe make the whole run, while others part of the run, and then those with tighter schedules make the mini's in between. And another thought would be to run it like a relay. LOL! Who knows the sky is the limit here. Bring one idea, bring them all! You only live once, right? lol! One of these days I have to make up for any of my short falls.:banghead:

Keith, that Lake Cour d'Alene is awesome and breath taking. And I know in the area we can find some rocky river bottoms to attack!

MrE
06-30-2013, 11:34 PM
There's some great rapids on the Snake River in Hell's Canyon (not too far south of Cour d'Alene) , but you have to apply for permits in advance and they're awarded by a draw. If you're interested I have some buddies here in Boise with jet boats that can steer you towards some fun places that don't require permits way in advance.

Neweller
07-01-2013, 02:32 AM
Jon, now we're talking. I've got to get healed up and limbered up. I would like to enter the third quarter more able with a body suited for this type of continued adventure. Then hopefully carry on like our elder brother Larry W. into the fourth quarter and maybe overtime in a Newell, jetboat or what have you. Actually a hyperbaric chamber would really be keen.

The whole NW is packed full of areas for jetboats. So, what does that tell you? We best have plenty of Polyurea on the bottom, eh?lol!

MrE
07-01-2013, 02:56 AM
Just one more idea for the rally, everyone that has a dash cam needs to submit footage of the biggest jerk they encountered during the rally for judging. The winning footage will be plastered all over the Internet by everyone on the forum.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-computer005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

NewellCrazy
07-01-2013, 03:05 AM
Just one more idea for the rally, everyone that has a dash cam needs to submit footage of the biggest jerk they encountered during the rally for judging. The winning footage will be plastered all over the Internet by everyone on the forum.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-computer005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Good idea Jon!

rellick
07-01-2013, 03:09 AM
:bolt:Ok, looks like we have our draft route, USA side
If our start point is Camp Gulf florida Destin, Florida's CAMP GULF RV Park & Campground (http://www.campgulf.com/)
then 11hrs 33mins (gps calculation) to Lake Ouachita Arkansas Lake Ouachita - Arkansas Lakes (http://www.arkansas.com/places-to-go/lakes-rivers/lake.aspx?id=23)
then 6hrs 28mins to Lake of Ozarks Osage Beach RV Park - RV Camping at the Lake of the Ozarks | The Premier RV Park at the Lake of the Ozarks. Close to everything at the Lake of the Ozarks, yet secluded and quiet. (http://osagebeachrvpark.net/)
then 3hrs 11 mins to the Newell Factory Newell Coach - Take the good life with you (http://www.newellcoach.com/)
then 12hrs 14 mins to Salida Co. Colorado RV Resort, Four Seasons RV Park, Salida Colorado (http://www.fourseasonsrvresort.com/)
then 11hrs 46 mins to Yellowstone Yellowstone National Park - Yellowstone National Park (http://www.nps.gov/yell/index.htm)
then 8hrs 20 mins to Blackwell island Coeur d'Alene Idaho RV Park - Blackwell Island RV Park - RV Camping (http://www.idahorvpark.com/)
then 7hrs 48mins to Chillawack? I was thinking of routing thru the Fraser canyon (id really like to hook on to a 700lb sturgeon!!)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-merv/fishing.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
Hells Gate Airtram | in the scenic Fraser Canyon (http://www.hellsgateairtram.com/)
Well thats about 60-70 hours drive time, at 2-3 days a stop thats roughly 3 weeks,

Just another 2200miles or so to Anchorage any suggestions?:bandit:

NewellCrazy
07-01-2013, 03:26 AM
Then plan a stop @ Keith's place on the round trip for some awesome Canadian hospitality :thumbsup::thumbup:

rellick
07-01-2013, 04:00 AM
Then plan a stop @ Keith's place on the round trip for some awesome Canadian hospitality :thumbsup::thumbup:
:party:Sounds like a plan!!:thumbsup:

1993Newell
07-02-2013, 01:21 AM
That would be quite the route! :thumbsup:

rellick
07-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Might have to start out in early June? any suggestions?:bandit:

jWolfe
07-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Even if some couldn't make it for the whole thing they could drop in where ever they happened to be along the way?

Hugo
07-02-2013, 11:34 PM
I hope we can be apart of a rally. I will be looking for future details.

speedingsport
07-05-2013, 02:16 PM
I think this would be the rally of the century.

Neweller
07-06-2013, 12:57 AM
Hugo, we hope you all can make it too! Hey I know you folks love those winery tours and I'm sure others will want to take advantage of a couple along the route etc....

Has anyone here ever been a wagon master? Or, are we volunteering Keith, like he has nothing else to do.:bandit: Something else I thought about some more was if somebody wanted to make certain legs of the trek but maybe doesn't have time for all of it or the in between, they could fly someone they trust in to swap seats and take over the drive to a further destination along the route then swap again etc...

NEWELLWIZARD
07-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Keith I see the list now. :o I will be watchin this thread.

The Newell
07-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Any updates? Once dates are decided I will know if the DW and I can make it.

Joseph

rellick
07-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Might have to start out in early June? any suggestions?:bandit:
Well I suggested early June to try to beat some of the heat,:tongue: we need to know what works for people, so if you can only make part of the trip in a certain area let us know and we can try and work the trip so we can meet up with as many of you as we can. :typing:Please chime in with your thoughts or ideas if our suggested stops will work or if there are any others, its all up in the air right now, so any input would be great:thumbsup:

Narrowrd
02-10-2014, 01:18 AM
Keith, I just ran across that list, and it looks like fun! I think it would be a fun way to go. I am heading up a few months too soon to join unfortunately, but I'd already planned on hitting Yellowstone and Sandpoint (near Coeur d'Alene) ID. I will be following this thread with interest.

rellick
02-10-2014, 02:49 AM
It would be a GREAT time! My plans have changes somewhat, I was planning on having my 76 ready earlier but its looking like we are going to pick it up in Springfield Mo near the end of June, then we will take about two weeks to get home, so by all means if anyone would like to meet up around then that would be great. After we get it into Canada it has to get an out of province inspection, and whatever else it needs. Then we will see where the road takes us after that.