PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Lincoln, Nebraska.

kaiser
06-29-2013, 04:15 AM
I'm new to this forum. We bought our first RV last summer. It is a 1986 Newell. Coach # 20 I believe.

The summer before last we toured the Newell factory while we were in Miami OK. Stopped in and asked for a nickel tour. We were treated like royalty even after admitting there was no way we could even afford one of their used units.

I was so impressed with the quality of craftsmanship that I started searching in earnest for a high quality Motorhome.

After searching for nearly a year we came across the coach of my dreams. I've driven several charter busses over the years including a Prevost and an MCI. Our 86 Newell handles better than any of them.

We just returned from our first cross country trip. We visited the Creation Museum in Cincinati, OH and Niagara Falls, visiting friends and relatives along the way. Had a little excitement last Sunday evening on our way home. While driving down I-80 I saw smoke pouring from the left rear tires.

We were just approaching an off ramp and I was able to safely get off the interstate highway. The left rear air bags had deflated leaving the coach to ride on the tires. I do NOT recommend driving like this very far. After moving the coach a quarter mile to a parking lot I discovered the linkage arm for the height control valve had broken. One zip tie and a half roll of electrical tape later we were back on the road. Thanks to the emergency phone assistance I received from the Newell factory.

But most of all thank God Almighty that it was the left rear which I had a good view of in my mirror, that it didn't happen a couple hours earlier while diving through a heavy downpour, that it happened just before an off ramp, that we were able to get off the road safely and that we were able to avoid a costly tow and repair bill.

Looking forward to making your acquaintances.

Alan Kaiser.

The Newell
06-29-2013, 04:27 AM
Hi Alan and Welcome,

I hope you are enjoying the Newell Forums, You have just found and joined the most informative website pertaining to Newell Ownership on the web. If you have any questions/answers please feel free to post them or to send one of us moderators a private message. We are all here to help so don't be afraid to call on us! What a story you have, I definitely agree with you that the Lord was watching out for you on your journey. Do you have any pictures of your Newell you don't mind sharing?

Welcome Again!

Joseph

ccjohnson
06-29-2013, 04:34 AM
You have experienced one of the greatest values of owning a Newell. The 24/7 technical assistance no matter how old or when & where you bought the coach. This service goes with the coach not just the original owner. Glad that everything worked out OK!

86loco
06-29-2013, 04:36 AM
Glad you introduced yourself Alan and great to have you here. You own a wonderful year of coach. There are about a half dozen '86 owners that I'm aware around here. We love the museum they built in Boone, KY.

speedingsport
06-29-2013, 04:41 AM
Welcome! Glad you joined us. Look forward to getting to know you.

Neweller
06-29-2013, 02:03 PM
:welcome:Alan to Luxury Coach Lifestyle! I realize you have now been a member for a year. Thanks for sharing some of your experience with the ownership of your '86, also the first year of the 102" wide unless of course you have one of the very rare ones actually I believe 105". I'm currently in the hunt for a replacement to my previous '86. Hope you have found this board here to be of exceptional value and please share more of your experiences or help out where you see fit. Nobody knows everything about every single detail in regards to ownership of these wonderful luxury coaches but many do try. It takes a constant collective effort of sharing to keep our knowledge base wealth humming along.

rellick
06-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Welcome Alan, good to have you aboard, you will find great people and great info on this site!!

1993Newell
06-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Alan thanks for stopping by to introduce yourself. We couldn't agree more, Newell makes a fine motorhome. We have been very happy with our Newell and the support from other members of this forum. We hope to meet you down the road and we look forward to hearing about your adventures. Thankful God was on your side and all was well. :thumbsup:

Cheri Smith
06-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Welcome! We hope that you will find this forum and community a useful resource. Enjoy your Newell Coach!

FJGuard
07-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Welcome Alan good to have you. Look forward to meeting you down the road.