PDA

View Full Version : Rear air won't turn on

Yachts
06-29-2013, 07:25 PM
When it rains it pours.. Front air is fine rear air fan will come on but the unit itself will not.. I checked the breakers... They are ok.. Circuit board? We are suppose to leave Friday for a week in Florida.. Any ideas?

Lewis and Clark
06-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Check circuit board for loose or burnt wires. Remove the circuit board from unit and check for any burnt circuits. The circuit board is located behind rectangle flats panel on unit. Approximately 3" x 7".

Yachts
06-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Looked at the board.. "The front side" I didn't remove it all together.. Looked fine.. Could it be a thermostat issue? Or is the back side of the board where I aneed to look?

NewellCrazy
06-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Gordon Hummel:

The problem has usually been associated with loose connections. On mine there is a very small box on the compressor unit where the wires from the control box attach. Mine had 10Ga going from the chassis to this compressor connection box & with the other wires for the compressor & fan motor there is hardly room for the wire nuts. I had 12 GA going from the fuse panel to the control box, 12 GA going from the control box to a box by the compressor unit & the 10 GA from that box to the compressor. Because 10GA was so hard to work with & the limited room I changed the 10GA to 12 GA & it has stayed tight for 4 years.

Link: http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/hvac/5549-basement-air-control-boards.html