PDA

View Full Version : What a trip

Yachts
07-06-2013, 02:33 AM
Left this morn heading to Florida.. Got pulled over in Arkansas for doing 82 in a 65.(4 lane divided highway) .. He told me he was sure I was speeding because I was blowing by everyone.. But he gave me a verbal warning because he knows his radar must be jacked up because no way a motor home pulling a trailer with a car on it could do 82 miles an hour.. My wife and I agreed and said no way.. Lol I thought the cruise was set at 80 not 82..lol

Then 3 hours later the trailer got a flat. We were in cell hell.. No service.. No spare.. I could get 10 minutes out of the tire before it needed to be pumped up.. 6 stops later we made a truckstop and got it fixed.. Camped out In a SAMs parking lot tonight in Hattiesburg ms..4 more hours to camp gulf:)

Neweller
07-06-2013, 02:40 AM
That is the problem with the Newell's, it's easy to get carried away on the throttle as it don't seem like you are going all that fast. I have been passed in my car by Newell's and passed on Tuesday by one pulling a Tahoe and they were probably doing over 80 as well. Glad to here you got the tire taken care of and good thing you didn't have to replace it. So, how's the weather today down in the deep south? Are you guys cruising the 10 or another route?

I hope you all have a blast at camp gulf.:bounce:

Yachts
07-06-2013, 02:50 AM
Not to 10 yet.. In Hattiesburg..was just tired. In a SAMs parkinglot now.. Having a minor electrical issue.. Have a short ..dash lights Camera ,air horn ,drivers air , fridge lock and leveling system not working .. All are on fuse block that activates based on ignition..

Neweller
07-06-2013, 02:53 AM
Did you check that ground over on the left side of the dash for any loose wires. It sounds like a grounding issue. Is this one of the areas Newell was supposed to have addressed?

Yachts
07-06-2013, 02:57 AM
Ill check it in the morn..it was fixed 2 months ago..maybe it came loose

folivier
07-06-2013, 12:19 PM
While you're checking on that ground, check out the speed rating on your tires. Wouldn't want you to become a statistic.
Safe travels.

David Carrol
07-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Such a speed racer, Its amazing how much power our Newells have when you think that you can pull a trailer and still hit 82MPH!

JustDustin
07-06-2013, 02:18 PM
I look forward to hearing updates about your trip. Be safe and happy travels!

Land yacht
07-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Yachts, if you have kids with you, the Bucaneer Pirate Ship is a must!
Destin's Premiere Pirate Cruise - Buccaneer Pirate Cruise | Destin, FL (http://destinpirateship.com/)
if not then the Southern Star dolphin tour boat is an awesome adventure
Destin Dolphin Cruises & Sunset Cruises Aboard the Southern Star (http://southernstardolphincruise.com/)

Yachts
07-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Where's the best spot for crab legs?

Neweller
07-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Wherever you can find them fresh! I'd be on them too, don't tell my wife or she will be wanting to head down there.

chockwald
07-06-2013, 11:55 PM
No doubt we all love the ability to go fast, but I am concerned you are seriously exceeding the speed rating on your tires at 82 mph.....to each his own, but you may be rolling the dice.

NewellCrazy
07-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Most Michelin's if that's what your running are rated @ 75MPH depending on your load range and ply's of course go up to 87MPH.

afrench45
07-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Old Bay Steamer in ft. Walton, the crab trap off old 98 just down the road from you, or Dewey destins down by the bridge.
Another fun thing to do, is to rent a boat and go hang on crab island.
We go every year and love the area.

Land yacht
07-07-2013, 12:28 AM
Old Bay Steamer in ft. Walton, the crab trap off old 98 just down the road from you, or Dewey destins down by the bridge.
Another fun thing to do, is to rent a boat and go hang on crab island.
We go every year and love the area.

Afrench45 nailed it on the above recommendations!!! Bay Towne Wharf at Sandestin has restaurants, shops, and Yachts, always fun to walk their pier...

jWolfe
07-07-2013, 03:02 AM
Yatchs I trust if you've owned a few Newells you know how fast you can go. ;)

Enjoy some crab legs for me :hungry: and a beer or two. :beer:

speedingsport
07-07-2013, 03:30 AM
I second that. Fresh seafood is the way to go. But I'm sure that won't be a problem to find. :thumbsup: Is it just you and the wife traveling?

Randy J
07-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Amen. to no speeding tickets and only a warning. ;)

Yachts
07-07-2013, 05:58 PM
We went Dewey destins last night.. Really good! Going to some Louisiana something tonight.. , camp gulf rocks! We have been here 24 hours.. We. Use to rent a condo and come down. But staying right on the water in the coach where a 50 foot walk puts you in the ocean is incredible..so beats a condo.. This needs to be a stopping point for the Lcl rally we could monopolize the first 2 rows be simply amazing..

Neweller
07-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Snap a couple pics to share. I have never been there but heard from others it's pretty great. Would love to see some personal shots instead of only commercial related stuff. Glad you all are having a blast!:party:

NEWELLWIZARD
07-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Wish we were already doing it rally style with you guys. Camp gulf should be added to the list?

rellick
07-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Wish we were already doing it rally style with you guys. Camp gulf should be added to the list?
Mike, Camp Gulf is first on the list!!:thumbsup:

Land yacht
07-08-2013, 05:15 AM
We went Dewey destins last night.. Really good! Going to some Louisiana something tonight.. , camp gulf rocks! We have been here 24 hours.. We. Use to rent a condo and come down. But staying right on the water in the coach where a 50 foot walk puts you in the ocean is incredible..so beats a condo.. This needs to be a stopping point for the Lcl rally we could monopolize the first 2 rows be simply amazing..

Home | Louisiana Lagniappe (http://www.thelouisianalagniappe.com/destin/)
my absolute favorite restaurant in Destin, try the Special Fish in parchment paper!

Neweller
07-08-2013, 03:05 PM
That would be a nice starting point for sure. I imagine if the start is June that should be pretty good timing prior to heading north to northwest. Would love to hear others input on the idea, including more additional from Marc as to wanting to do it again?

NEWELLWIZARD
07-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Hope your trip is continuing to go well.

Thanks Keith I don't know how I missed that. ;)

Yachts
07-13-2013, 02:38 AM
Just got home.. 13 hours straight one 20 minute stop for fuel..camp gulf rocks.. A family a dad with a provost vantare, his son with a provost country coach and his 2 daughters each with a Newell were there too. Talk about a family trip!! Lol. Camp gulf could handle 80 big busses easy.

NewellCrazy
07-13-2013, 02:44 AM
Just got home.. 13 hours straight one 20 minute stop for fuel..camp gulf rocks.. A family a dad with a provost vantare, his son with a provost country coach and his 2 daughters each with a Newell were there too. Talk about a family trip!! Lol. Camp gulf could handle 80 big busses easy.

Glad to hear you made it home safely, did you by chance snap a few pictures of the Newells & Prevosts?

Neweller
07-13-2013, 03:48 AM
Sounds like a blast for sure and a family with exquisite taste to boot!:bounce:

bigcatwally
07-13-2013, 04:10 AM
:dito: Ken.

afrench45
07-20-2013, 03:08 AM
A little update from Destin, been nice weather. Ate at Old Bay Steamer in ft. Walton tonight. Headed home tomorrow.
Saw coach 1466 at the Destin West Rv Resort... A nice place. We stayed at Destin Rv and Beach resort.

JustDustin
07-20-2013, 05:01 AM
Cool afrench45. Thanks for the little update.