PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Windshields Best Source

GringoPhil
07-20-2013, 01:17 AM
Is Newell the best source of windshields for my Newell?

Newell Attack
07-20-2013, 01:27 AM
Gringo,

The windshields for the 1981 through 1989 Newells (coaches with the eyebrow over the windshield) are a standard Chevrolet Astro 95 truck windshield. They are relatively inexpensive. On the 102 inch wide body models, built starting in 1986, a 6" wide center section is an "inside cut" from a complete left or right windshield.

Jeff

NewellCrazy
07-20-2013, 01:49 AM
Check this link.

Available windshields:

Chevrolet Astro Windshield Glass | Used Mini Van Parts (http://www.partshotlines.com/parts/chevrolet/astro/windshield-glass.html)

kdnelson
06-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Gringo,

The windshields for the 1981 through 1989 Newells (coaches with the eyebrow over the windshield) are a standard Chevrolet Astro 95 truck windshield. They are relatively inexpensive. On the 102 inch wide body models, built starting in 1986, a 6" wide center section is an "inside cut" from a complete left or right windshield.

Jeff

Do you have a substitute for the 1977 model Newell, and the OEM style gasket???
At one time I remember someone saying that it is a Freightliner. But my male memory chip is a LITTLe frieD!:O)
Thanks
Ferrel

rellick
06-21-2014, 02:07 AM
I do have a part number I got from Chuck at Newell you may want to check with him again for left/right part numbers. The number he gave me is NC-700940 and measures 46 5/16 x 28 5/8 Newells price $325.00
The gasket is standard, should be able to get it from any glass supplier.
Hope this helps!!

James Lucas
06-15-2016, 07:20 PM
American Glass Distributors is out of Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. If you are in any of those states they wholesale only to installation Centers so just ask your installer to check with them.

If you are outside that area contact them and they ship Nationwide. Best bet is to have them ship insured to your Glass shop of choice.
Wholesale only but if you are not in their service area ask for a installer in your area.
If that is not an option ask if they will retail it to your location. They carry a huge selection of motor coach windshields.

Look them up online and call or email them.