PDA

View Full Version : Decals Vs Painted Stripes

Newell Attack
07-25-2013, 12:38 PM
I want to add a design or stripes to our Newell. Pros and cons of paint vs vinyl ?

Thanks,

Jeff

NewellCrazy
07-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Depends on the complexity of what you want to do, to some degree. Decals can be what ever you can imagine, in any colour, pattern, up to a whole body wrap. Probable downsides can be cost, and they tend to have a longevity issue with fading, shrinking, and you can't touch them up. Paint can last decades, can require more skill to apply unless you are doing somewhat easy stripes, straight lines, etc, and you have to know how to apply the paint well.

prairieschooner
07-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Agree with Sean here. Really depends on what you are looking to do and your budget.
I have been considering something on our rear window since we don't look out of it anyway. Not sure that I would use Vinyl on our rig anywhere else though.

David Carrol
07-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Vinyl graphic have the advantage that if you don't like them, just peal them off and redo them. You can specify a UV clear coat to protect and make a better shine to them. We have many trucks with vinyl graphics-highly recommend them