PDA

View Full Version : Prices going up

Yachts
08-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Is it just me or is there starting to be a shortage of coaches between 85-200k yes there are some but 6 months ago there were 3 times as many for sale..

MrE
08-21-2013, 02:35 AM
That's actually good news, I was thinking about putting my 2010 4 slide up for sale for just under 200k.........wait a minute........mines a no slide 86 with a blown motor, never mind.

Neweller
08-21-2013, 02:45 AM
That's actually good news, I was thinking about putting my 2010 4 slide up for sale for just under 200k.........wait a minute........mines a no slide 86 with a blown motor, never mind.

Jon, I feel for ya brother, I really do. I've been there and done that and it totally sucks. Need to find out how we can get you back on the road or in another coach maybe. And how do we do it without getting you kicked out of the house or in hot water with the better half??? Will she let you own another Newell, or is that like a bad four letter word?

Neweller
08-21-2013, 02:49 AM
Is it just me or is there starting to be a shortage of coaches between 85-200k yes there are some but 6 months ago there were 3 times as many for sale..

Marc, you have some valid questions and thought here. As I have mentioned talking with you and also from previous posts around here, I believe unless of course we encounter some other bs crises in the country, the price of Newell's will start to climb up and dry up. With the factory only manufacturing 24 a year and more and more individuals finding out what they truly are, this will be par for the course. So, if this continues, some of us will just have to re-manufacturer some of the older ones and put them in pristine condition etc..... Just my thoughts on the matter.

folivier
08-21-2013, 03:10 AM
Sounds like I bought my '98 at the right time. Maybe that'll make up for the condo we just sold.

Yachts
08-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Foliver, I believe you bought the coach I would have had you not purchased it 30 days before I could have:) good buy

Neweller
08-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Foliver, I believe you bought the coach I would have had you not purchased it 30 days before I could have:) good buy

LMAO!rollinglol That is pretty funny Marc. I hear ya brother! I'm sure Forest could come out better on that coach than his last one, not that he did that bad on it. But since the condo is now sold too, maybe Forest has a quad lined up and will sell you the dual unit and the rollin' condo lifestyle just keeps moving up to the penthouse suite with the ocean view etc....:thumbsup:

Yachts
08-21-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm In forest how much:)?

folivier
08-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Not gonna be that easy. Yall can start a bidding war if yall want. But right now we're sitting in a really nice rv park in Arco, ID. Huge grassy lots, free breakfast each morning, lots of places to ride the RZR. Kinda hard to leave a place like this.
I guess if you want mine, just find me another 2 slide with the steering rear axle and I'd consider an even trade :)

Yachts
08-21-2013, 10:34 PM
You would kick in 10k more for a steerable tag

Neweller
08-22-2013, 02:48 AM
I know of a couple more folks that might want to get into the bidding war. But Marc's offer isn't too bad if you wanted to go to a tripple or quad Forest. I know of such an animal.

folivier
08-22-2013, 03:08 AM
Before anyone gets the wrong idea I am NOT interested in selling my '98. We found what we want in the condition we want for the price we wanted. Doesn't get any better than that!

Neweller
08-22-2013, 03:14 AM
Before anyone gets the wrong idea I am NOT interested in selling my '98. We found what we want in the condition we want for the price we wanted. Doesn't get any better than that!

Well, then Forest you hit a home run didn't you? :thumbsup:

Yachts
08-22-2013, 03:18 AM
C'mon.. Forrest everything is for sale.. Except my wife.. Lol and my daughter.. My sons ,now I'd rent them out....

rellick
08-22-2013, 04:23 AM
Now heres a man that loves his Newell!!:thumbsup: no wonder the prices are going up!!

JustDustin
08-23-2013, 02:22 PM
It definitely goes in spurts.

jdaniel
08-29-2013, 03:46 AM
Prices have definitely gone up. When we were looking at 03-04 quads last year you could find them for around 220-240k. I don't see any of that now for a good one. That's why we ended up buying the 06 Travel Supreme Select. They just crept out of our price range and ai didn't see them coming back down.

77newell
08-29-2013, 02:31 PM
There is perhaps another way to interpret the current prices. The number of coaches for sale rises and falls during the year with the peak typically being in the spring. I believe I've seen this pattern for all coaches through the years including Newells. The sellers have various asking prices for similar coaches. I'm guessing the lower priced ones sell first and the higher priced ones hang around. Since the flow of Newell coaches is never great the number on the market goes down and the asking prices goes up as we move forward from springtime. If you look at the posting dates in the classifieds here you will notice that the listed coaches have been on the market for awhile with few exceptions. Patience is a virtue for both sellers and buyers.

ccjohnson
08-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Jimmy, Would you go back to a Newell if a good one in your price range popped up? Or are you going to Travel Supreme for a few years regardless?

jdaniel
08-30-2013, 03:57 PM
I never thought I'd own anything but a Newell after the service we got with ours. We just couldn't justify the price. For now we will enjoy our Travel Supreme but some day I'd love to get back in a Newell. The quality and toughness is unmatched. Whoever buys our 91 will be getting a wonderful coach.

NEWELLWIZARD
08-31-2013, 02:03 PM
There is perhaps another way to interpret the current prices. The number of coaches for sale rises and falls during the year with the peak typically being in the spring. I believe I've seen this pattern for all coaches through the years including Newells. The sellers have various asking prices for similar coaches. I'm guessing the lower priced ones sell first and the higher priced ones hang around. Since the flow of Newell coaches is never great the number on the market goes down and the asking prices goes up as we move forward from springtime. If you look at the posting dates in the classifieds here you will notice that the listed coaches have been on the market for awhile with few exceptions. Patience is a virtue for both sellers and buyers.

Jon well said. I agree with you.

NEWELLWIZARD
08-31-2013, 02:06 PM
I never thought I'd own anything but a Newell after the service we got with ours. We just couldn't justify the price. For now we will enjoy our Travel Supreme but some day I'd love to get back in a Newell. The quality and toughness is unmatched. Whoever buys our 91 will be getting a wonderful coach.

I say enjoy the open road in your luxury coach if it's a Newell coach, a Travel Supreme, Prevost or other.

Ron Skeen
09-09-2013, 12:34 AM
I have listed my 1996 for sale with pictures on ebay. I am selling for 99K with lots of extra stuff. I would sale my 2004 quad slide for 399K and kept the 1996 if someone want the 04. Contact me for many pictures and a list of the upgrades that have been done on both coaches.