PDA

View Full Version : Now paint job?

Christian51
08-29-2013, 03:25 AM
Can anyone tell me the rough cost of a new paint job from the factory in Miami? I've been looking at their used inventory and not all are as nice as they could be, some a little over board with the slashing colors. I know the more colors and blending cost extra but a basic 3 tone pattern would be fine.

Neweller
08-29-2013, 03:39 AM
First off welcome to LCL - Luxury Coach Lifestyle! The pricing on paint at the factory does vary of course depending on what size and if the coach has slides etc. Newell prefers to strip old finishes down to bare metal which can really increase the preparation expense. My guess for what you are looking at will be in the $30k range and up. Takes about 8 gallons of paint to finish one of these coaches. Of course this cost can be lower at other private large vehicle body shops.

Christian51
08-29-2013, 04:06 AM
Thanks Neweller, that's reasonable. I was suspecting it would be between 30 to 60 grand. I'm shopping for a 2006 up with the right interior so I was wondering how much to add to my budget if it was needed. I would expect nothing less that a full stripping of the old paint from such a company. I just can't handle a lot of bright red or a very busy designs so I'm hoping to have them design something that fits a low key old man.

Yachts
08-29-2013, 04:25 AM
Neweller is right on , 30k and go up from there ,, I know of a place in fort smith that can do An awesome job for around 18k.3 color fades and all.. But once again Newell's jobs are beyond reproach

Christian51
08-29-2013, 05:47 AM
Since it is a Newell, I would want it to hold as much value as possible so I'd only want them the do it. There may be a couple interior changes to so I'll figure an extra 50 grand reserve over purchase cost.

ccjohnson
08-29-2013, 02:40 PM
I have been talking to Jerry at Newell off & on about painting ours. He is very good about working with you on scheme & design. We saw a Newell paint job on a 1990 coach at mini rally in Spearfish. It made the coach look like at least a 2010!

NEWELLWIZARD
08-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Welcome! A new paint job like Clint said can make a coach look 10 years younger. Good luck, would enjoy seeing a before and after.

Christian51
09-14-2013, 06:25 PM
They quoted me the range of 50 grand. Is kind of steep but hey.....

MarkofSJC
01-13-2015, 11:35 PM
FYI - They recently updated their paint operation to deliver an even high caliber finished product ~ which is hard to believe, considering the level of quality on the current product. Not sure if the price would increase as a result.