PDA

View Full Version : Back home in Miami

Yachts
09-17-2013, 04:41 AM
Brought her in for a minor check up. Love coming here except look at al the newer ones!!!:tongue:

Neweller
09-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Now you will really shock us if you end up trading that coach in at Newell and departing with an '03 or something. :blink:

Yachts
09-17-2013, 12:27 PM
There is one here I'm interested in.

Yachts
09-18-2013, 02:49 AM
Well I got close , I walked in it , decided I wanted it, but I think we were only 100k apart.. So does that mean we were close? Lol....on a serious note found the air leak, fixed the aqua hot sender , polished the wheels , changed all the burnt out bulbs.. Only thing left to fix ill do myself. The bed raiser is not working .. Newell thinks the actuator came loose and broke the wires.. So I'm gonna take off bed and try to work on it tis weekend.. Other than that . She's in great shape..

folivier
09-18-2013, 01:50 PM
What was wrong with the Aquahot? Was it the temperature gauge?
My gauge is not working, just curious what Newell did to fix it.
I'll be there next month for some work and may have them look at it.

Yachts
09-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Tried a new sensor it didn't work tried a new gauge it didn't work. Then they tried a diff sensor and it worked. So the first sensor they tried wasn't good.. You might look and see if your aqua hot sensor needs 3 wires or 1 wire.. The new gauges have 1 wire.. So if you upgrade they just use 1 of the three.. Took about 45 mins to fix and they had an old sensor so parts were free:)

NewellCrazy
09-20-2013, 01:13 AM
What was your damage for your stay at the mother ship? :thumbsup::behindsofa::bolt:

afrench45
09-20-2013, 01:51 AM
Well I got close , I walked in it , decided I wanted it, but I think we were only 100k apart.. So does that mean we were close? Lol....on a serious note found the air leak, fixed the aqua hot sender , polished the wheels , changed all the burnt out bulbs.. Only thing left to fix ill do myself. The bed raiser is not working .. Newell thinks the actuator came loose and broke the wires.. So I'm gonna take off bed and try to work on it tis weekend.. Other than that . She's in great shape..

Which coach are you fantasizing out?!

Yachts
09-20-2013, 01:51 AM
Actually not bad .. They replaced aqua hot sensor. Fixed one bay door, fixed lock on another bay door, tracked down 2 large air leaks. Replaced 9 light bulbs , fixed airline to air seat where it broke, replaced some light bulbs on some displays above microwave polished all the wheels and washed the coach, 937 bucks. Oh and 3 dozen donuts for everyone:).

Yachts
09-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Coach 701..omg gorgeous, but reality set in.. I may just use some ideas from it to do some remodeling on mine. I'm considering either putting tiger maple veneer over the cabinets and laminate walls and doors. Or they can faux paint the tiger maple on the laminate.. And adding granite to the countertops and changing the grey leather around windows to a beige.. Comments ideas? Oh replace granite tile with travertine too.

Land yacht
09-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Did you try out the Murphy bed? Are they comfortable? What about the drawer refrigerator and freezers, are they practical compared to a household unit?

folivier
09-21-2013, 01:16 AM
We looked at a Newell with a Murphy bed and while I like the concept I found the bed too low and at least 1 slide would have to be out to lower the bed. But having the rear lounge would be nice.

ccjohnson
09-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Marc, We love our Travertine! (got it heated) Only draw back is that it is fairly easily scratched. But it hides scratches well due to it's random pattern!

Yachts
09-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Did Newell do the travertine or did you do it some where else?

ccjohnson
09-21-2013, 09:46 PM
We had Newell do it. Got it done in March with our major renovation.

Land yacht
09-21-2013, 11:07 PM
What all did you do in your major renovation? Are there pictures?

ccjohnson
09-22-2013, 01:06 AM
Pics are in the Gallery Newell Coach 1992 album 12 page 5 are latest after renovation. We got all new flooring, carpet in front & back and heated travetine in middle ( galley & lavy). New washer/dryer stack, gave old ones to my Mom. All new blinds & drapes, cellular & black out for both. Remodeled dinette. got coverings for vents & skylight made. New beadspread & pillows. A few other minor issues taken care of. Newell had the coach for about 3 weeks. It was like walking into a brand new one when we picked it up!

Yachts
09-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Ok the bad news?. Cost?.

ccjohnson
09-22-2013, 01:12 AM
North of 40 south of 50. LOL

Yachts
09-22-2013, 01:37 AM
That's what I figured.. I want to do pretty much everything you did plus change out the laminate and leather colors.. I'm thinking north of 50. Lol

MarkofSJC
10-18-2013, 01:03 AM
We looked at a Newell with a Murphy bed and while I like the concept I found the bed too low and at least 1 slide would have to be out to lower the bed. But having the rear lounge would be nice.

I've seen two coaches with Murphy beds. One was very low to the ground (think calf height) the other was much better...just slightly lower. BUT, I was troubled by how heavy they were to lift back into the walls. I could do it, but my wife would never be able to handle it....I'm sure there must be a way to power those, right?

I really want a coach with a Murphy bed...but no compromises!!! (That's a Newell saying, right?) LOL

Mark

Yachts
10-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Yes some of them are powered the only issue is the gearing is soo low it takes a while for them to retract or extend.. Were you in 701? If I had the $ she would be mine!!,