PDA

View Full Version : OBAMACARE an affordable option

larryweikart
11-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Just received the results of my small local banks meeting on this subject. The auditors reported that providing health coverage for employees in 2014 will result in a annual cost increase of $35,000, which they can't justify. cancellation of coverage may be the only alternative.

MrE
11-06-2013, 10:56 PM
I have always felt that the wrong approach was taken, instead of providing 'affordable' health care the emphasis should have been to make health care more affordable. Doing something about frivolous law suits that make insurance for doctors and hospitals unaffordable, prevent pharmaceutical companies from raping the consumers, etc....

larryweikart
11-07-2013, 12:40 PM
I have always felt that the wrong approach was taken, instead of providing 'affordable' health care the emphasis should have been to make health care more affordable. Doing something about frivolous law suits that make insurance for doctors and hospitals unaffordable, prevent pharmaceutical companies from raping the consumers, etc....

You're right on Jon. I was recently given a prescription for an anti-biotic for an eye infection. The tube contains less then an ounce of ointment and was quoted as $200 at WalMart. My wife found it in Canada for $24. As it turned out, I didn't even need it. I believe my Doctor prescribed it to protect against a law suit. I think it's called covering your ass. How did we ever get so turned around?