PDA

View Full Version : Air Suspension problem HWH 1999 Newell

totes
02-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Before I left MI to go Ft. Myers
Florida I was losing air on the drivers side. I decided to replace 4 leveling valves on the front 6PK and 4 new ones on the back 6PK.

I did not replace the raveling valves. I tried to level during my trip I could not bring the drivers side up when I arrived in Florida.My compressor goes from 0 to 60 and then drops to 0 real fast and goes back to 60 and drops again. I have a JUN Air and I checked the compressor , it will pump 150 # of air at any time. I think it is a bad height leveling valve or a big leak. We can not go under motorhome to look.Also the main compressor have a hard time. I can't not hear any leak.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS.

larryweikart
02-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Can't believe you haven't received a response. hard to tell without being there but you should be able to air it up with the manual button. Maybe the rod on the control valve just came loose, which happened to me once. Any progress yet?

77newell
02-24-2014, 05:46 PM
Hey Serge, sorry for your troubles. It would help me to know what label is on the gauge you say is cycling between 0 and 60. Is this a coach mounted gauge or a compressor mounted one? If on the coach, which gauge and what are the other ones reading.

Also, did this problem change or not when you changed the 6-pack valves. Given that both compressors, engine and house, are struggling to keep up, you do have a leak somewhere. Be aware that on the bulkhead just ahead of the front rear axle is a mass of air plumbing that includes two quarter turn valves that allow you to selectively shut off air to the front and rear leveling, other other non-brake uses. The front pressure is reported on my dash "supply" gauge and the rear pressure is reported on the gauge mounted on my rear 6-pack. When both gauges are open they will read the same.