PDA

View Full Version : Humming Noise

bluesky
05-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Good Day All

Our coach has a consistent humming sound coming from the area under the front wheels, even when there is no power to the coach (electric or battery) the hum continues.

The only thing I noted was the 2 of the air valves in the front driver side are warm and the other 4 are normal cool temp.

Any suggestions what might be going on?

MrE
05-19-2015, 02:18 AM
Glenn,

If it's not a sound generated by an electrical device and you have a couple of air valves that are warm, the first check I would make is for air leaks. You can start with a squirt bottle filled with soapy water and check for bubbles. If that doesn't find the problem, you might want to pick up a ultrasonic leak detector.

jon

bluesky
05-19-2015, 02:52 PM
thanks Jon,

it doesn't sound like a leak and the coach has maintained its level position. Sounds more like a small fan motor. It may be powered by the starter batteries, as I don't have a shut off for them, just the house batteries. Guess I could disconnect terminals at battery.

Also, I noticed that when I merge the batteries, the hum speeds up.

bluesky
05-28-2015, 04:35 PM
thanks for your input friends, once I took our coach for a good long ride, the humming has stopped and never heard since. So all is good.