PDA

View Full Version : 8V92 will not shut off

Rollensmooth
05-26-2015, 12:33 AM
Hi. Just joined the site today but have been reading it or years. It is a good site. Heres my problem. I just bought a 1991 Newell motor home with a DDEC 8V92 diesel with 95,000 miles. Only had it for a week. When I picked it up the old owner used ether to start it. I drove it to the truck stop and filled the tanks. It started rite up and I drove it home. It ran smooth and quiet on the way home. I was impressed.
Good power to. I shut it off with the key when I got home. A week later it would not start. No smoke no nothing. I put on new fuel filters and blead the system and it started up with a small blast of either. Ran nice. I drove it to my shop and went to shut it off and the key would not shut it off. So I shut the batterys off to the engine. Kept running. I killed the power to the ECM. Kept running but the idle slowed down. So I had to block off the air to the engine to
stop it. I can,t help but thinking the hard start and the no stop are related. What shuts these things off. So I am really asking
what to fix. Thank you all.

MrE
05-26-2015, 04:10 PM
You might want to take a look at this post:http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=12020.0

According to the post it's shut off by the ECM. Sounds like the two problems are related. Have you checked what error codes your DDEC is generating?