PDA

View Full Version : satillite tv roof mount

Joyce D'Hondt
10-05-2005, 06:48 AM
Is there one brand that works better than any other? I have a Travel Sat and it got all messed up and had to be disconnected from wires.

TechTalk
10-05-2005, 01:59 PM
This situation is probably the result of what we call "progress." DirecTV has gone to a different, expanded mix of satellites to provide television service with the availability of additional channels. As a result, many of the mobile satellite systems that are more than, say, two or three years old do not function correctly. Any one of these older systems that is experiencing problems should be referred to a qualified mobile satellite technician for diagnosis. In most cases, new, updated equipment must be purchased and installed to restore proper operation. The Newell Service Department has updated a significant number of coaches to the new equipment. Any Newell owners wishing to discuss having us do this update can call our Service Department toll free at 1-888-3NEWELL.

Joyce D'Hondt
10-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Ok...now I also took out a xm radio that some nut installed and found a bunch of wires with tape on the ends.. looks like the mess needs expert help. Does Newell also clean up wired messes?

chockwald
05-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Another good reason to remain "low tech". I removed the hand cranked bat wing (about as low tech as one can get) and installed a hand cranked satellite dish. Takes about 5 minutes to align manually. Nothing electronic involved. Sure, it doesn't work in motion, but there is less go wrong. I just obtain the azimuth and elevation co-ordinates from the DirecTV website and start cranking.

This whole setup is in keeping with what I love about my Newell Classic....LOW TECH.