PDA

View Full Version : Wheelbase on 45'

jjoe
03-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Does anyone know what the wheelbase is from the center of the steering axle to the center of the drive axle on a early to mid 90s 45' mid entry Newell?

fulltiming
03-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Newell's typically have long wheelbases. It is 24'10" from the center of the front axle to the center of the drive axle on my 43'6" Newell. Best guess would be adding the 1.5' onto that making it about 26' 4". The tag gives the coach a significantly longer effective wheelbase as it is an additional 4' 3" from center of drive axle to center of tag axle.

Several others on this forum have 45'ers in that age range so hopefully someone will verify my assumption.

The wheelbase may, or may not, have varied somewhat with the introduction of the Series 60 during the 1994 model year.

Since the chassis is custom made for each coach, it is possible that there could be some variation.

jjoe
03-15-2008, 02:57 AM
Thanks Michael. I'm hoping to stay around 266" from center to center. We have to make a tight turn to get in our driveway and anything much longer and I may not be able to make the turn without the drive axle going in the ditch.

fulltiming
03-15-2008, 03:27 AM
You would probably need to stay at about a 40'-41' Newell to keep the wheelbase in that range. 40' are hard to find although I have seen some 41' available. If you have the VIN you can determine the length of the coach. The three digits following the 1N9 are the length in feet and inches.