PDA

View Full Version : Height Control Valves

Rich Farr
04-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Lost right rear air suspension height control valve on recent trip. Sort of makes things sag on one corner... 1979 Newell coach with 'classic' manual air leveling (which I have now charted and reverse engineered). Plan to replace/upgrade all 3 valves at the same time (has one in the front that controls both sides). Leaning towards Haldex "controlled Response" valves as opposed to instantaneous response. Would like to use the best available. Do Newell tech folks (or anyone) have "Gold Standard" recommendation or experience to share? Thanks in advance..

Jon Kabbe
04-10-2006, 11:07 PM
My 77 coach has had the controlled response valves on it for a long time, long before I bought it. These are necessary since there are no shutoff valved in the lines to the airbags. With instant response valves you need shutoff valves or any out of "level" on any control valve will ultimately result in an empty airbag after the engine compressor is shut down. My system works fine adjusting to weight changes and bumps without constantly floating. I don't understand what advantage there would be to instantaneous valves. Perhaps I've missed something. I did replace one failed valve with Haldex brand supplied by Newell.

Rich Farr
04-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks Jon! I thought CR valves sounded like the right choice. Appreciate your experience and the validation.

Also glad to know Newell stocks those parts.