PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Question

Perry Burney
03-28-2008, 03:32 AM
In the bedroom there is an alarm switch, also one outside next to the entry door, automotive type switch. My owners manual has no explaination for its operation, can you help?

Raul Cortez
03-28-2008, 03:35 AM
Hey Perry, Here's the way mine works. It works two different ways, one is when you are going to be away from the coach and the other is when you are going to stay in the coach. If you are going to be away, you must first "flip" one of the inside switches (TechTalk staff note: use only the switch in the galley to arm the alarm, as the bedroom switch is a "panic alarm switch" to be used to call for help or scare away potential intruders in an emergency), then you will go outside your coach and with a key, turn on the alarm. My key switch is mounted on the first bay door from the front of the coach on the passenger side. Once you have turned the key to the "on" position your coach alarm is on, and will sound the horns if someone opens the door while you're away. Once you return to the coach you will of course be required to turn the key switch back to the "off" position before openning your door. If you would like to use the alarm while you are in the coach, I believe that you will first have to switch one of the inside switches (Tech Talk staff: the galley switch) to the "off" position. Once you have done that, then you will go outside and turn the key switch to the "on" position. Then once you are inside with the door locked you are okay to switch the alarm switch to "on". You can do this at either the switch by your bed or the switch above the microwave in my coach (TechTalk staff: once again, use only the galley switch). I hope this helps. If someone knows of an easier way, or a different way, please let me know too. Raul