PDA

View Full Version : water pressure regulator

Wannabe
06-26-2006, 04:01 AM
Rather than the run-of-the-mill Camping World type pressure regulator, I'm considering hard plumbing this one into my system. Immediately downstream from this regulator kit will be my first grit filter.

Are any of you going with this type of regulator?

http://upload4.postimage.org/479298/wr1242a.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/479298/photo_hosting.html)

fulltiming
06-26-2006, 02:05 PM
I have used a 3/4" residential water pressure regulator from Home Depot for the past several years with great success. The flow rate is much better than the RV type regulators and the pressure is adjustable. The RV type regulators that you can get at RV Supply stores have a very small opening and tend to plug up with time and need to be replaced regularly.

My Newell has a built in pressure regulator that is similar to the residential models and works very well. I still use the unit that I got at Home Depot to protect the hose since some of the places I stay have pressure in excess of 90 psi which will damage the hose eventually by causing large bulges which will eventually lead to failure.

khpaladin
07-07-2006, 08:30 PM
I had the same lightbulb also as my '81 did not have a built-in regulator and really did not want any of the CW regulators. I got a small (3.34"W x 5.01"H x 2.44"D) NORGREN commercial regulator (R43-400-NNLA)at a local distributor. It has a 1/2" inlet/outlet and a 1/4" port for a 15 to 125 psig gauge. There is an easy locking adjustment knob, and a mounting bracket (5203-05). I extended my hose heat straping to wrap around the regulator then wrapped some pipe insulation around it. I have a "Y" with valves at the local faucet, I then hard pipe the regulator, that is set at 50-55 psig. I attach the water hose, with quick-connects at both ends. Then through water bay floor access to a 20 micon filter, then to a 5 micron filter. We have very good flow, no plugging, and no damage to the hose or coach. Go to NORGREN site www.norgren.com/usa/search and search for R43.pdf that will give you a viewable spec sheet.

Ki