PDA

View Full Version : New Windows

encantotom
05-28-2008, 04:53 AM
Hi all,

my coach came with penninsula double pane windows for the driver and passenger and for some reason they changed to hehr single pane for the rest at the last minute. i talked to newell and they said the original build called for the same as the front but was changed for some reason.

one of my hehr windows had broke and there are no longer any parts available. and i really wanted double pane new windows. so i talked to jeff at motion windows (peninsula) and my wife and i measured all the windows a zillion times and ordered the new ones. the ones shown here, their best windows..... http://www.motionwindows.com/prod1800.php

they came last week and my wife and i and daughter and a buddy put them in last saturday and this monday. quite a chore and not just take out and put in, but with alot of tweaking to get them to open smoothly, we got them all done. they are great. i am hoping they will cut down on wind noise as i drive as well. i rebuilt the front windows like richard did and they are like new as well.

all i have left to do is some black silicone caulk around the outside of the windows to be sure they dont leak and i am done.

not for the faint hearted, but still something anyone handy can do.

peninsula was the best window and the cheapest of the 3 bids i got.

later

tom

Richard and Rhonda
05-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Tom,
Good info, any pictures of the work in progress.

fulltiming
05-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Tom, I know you will be pleased with the double paned windows. Great job.

McCowans
07-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Tom,
We just had Peninsula dbl-pane replacements installed by a remodeler. They are tinted (reduce interior heat and glare when driving). Good job on getting them in on your own - no labor costs! :) Newell is quieter and cool now. Good investment.
Marcey McCowan