PDA

View Full Version : antifreeze leak

butch
06-01-2008, 03:38 PM
hello all: question ? i have an antifreeze leak in the front of my coach. it is above the gen and the compartment is fully enclosed i think it is in the heater core under the dash. would any one know how to get to the core? inside, the dash is all enclosed also. is there an easy way to it? my coach is a 1996 45' thank you.

fulltiming
06-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Not sure about the '96's but on mine, the heater core itself is actually behind the right headlights. There are heater hoses that go from the heater core up to the bottom of the chassis frame. They are routed through a channel just below the floor of the coach to the rear. If the leak is actually above the generator, I am not sure how you would get to it.

You might give Newell Tech Support a call and see if they can help you out. It is pretty tight up in that area.

Richard and Rhonda
06-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Butch,

You are on your way to removing the center console my friend. That's the only way.

Good luck.

butch
06-03-2008, 07:47 PM
thank you all, we will do as you advise. butch

JohnC
06-05-2008, 02:54 AM
Just for grins, and if the leak is very minor, you might try adding a little stop-leak from your local auto parts store.

Cross your fingers and toes and you may not need to remove your dash- just a thought

John C