PDA

View Full Version : question on how long fridge can run on batteries

encantotom
06-28-2008, 04:39 PM
hi all,

since i have spent most of my time updating my coach and not using it....i have some usage questions.

when i take off next week for my summer adventure, we will be parking the newell while going on a cruise for 8 days. will the propane fridge run on the batteries for that long? how much propane does the fridge take per day?

i have 2 8d coach batteries.

i may be getting to be a pro at newell systems and such for repair and updating, but i am a beginner at using them on the road.

i would turn the icemaker off and have just the fridge and whatever else is draining a little power running during that week.

thanks!

tom

HoosierDaddy
06-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi Tom,
My fridge will run for weeks as far as the propane supply is concerned.I have gone as long as 5 days and still had plenty of battery left. (one 8-D) It only needs enough power to run the circuit board. Be sure to turn the water pump off and your battery merge switch should be in the middle position while parked. Have a great vacation!!!
Dean

chockwald
06-29-2008, 01:51 PM
As far as propane usage is concerned, you could go a couple of months with the fridge on, and not run out of propane. It's amazing how little propane these fridges use.