PDA

View Full Version : Rear camera monitor

HoosierDaddy
08-17-2008, 09:01 PM
My '93 was vandalized before I bought it.The rear camera monitor was stolen. I'm wondering what brand Newell used or what brand of monitor would work with the camera (Sony)that is already mounted in the rear?
Thanks,
Dean

ps If anybody has a monitor for sale that would work with my Sony camera I might be interested.

encantotom
08-18-2008, 12:38 AM
hi,

i would not waste the money to put another crt monitor back in. but that is me. i took mine out (it would have fit yours) but have since gotten rid of it.

the best resource around for this is Tim at www.rvcams.com (http://www.rvcams.com)

i put in his best system and mounted the lcd panel next to the rearview mirror so it is in a more natural place. i also put in a new color camera for the backup camera and one color one on each side as sidevidw cameras. it makes it really nice for changing lanes.

with whatever you want to do, i would guess tim is the place to start.

tom

fulltiming
08-18-2008, 03:49 AM
Tom's idea is best but if you want the original monitor back in (although the image may be reversed), contact me privately.

chockwald
08-18-2008, 10:57 PM
I think you'll be happier with the more compact, lcd monitor. I've had both and prefer the lcd.