PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

2dogs
09-05-2008, 03:31 AM
We are getting ready to go fulltiming to foothills near yuma for the winter, any suggestions for insurance? fulltimers seems a little high... Brian

zcasa
09-06-2008, 01:33 AM
Yo Brian:

I'm sure that I don't know a whole lot about Coach insurance, however, I have priced quite a few different choices. I priced the usual suspects like the outfit handling FMCA's, Geico, Good Sam's Club etc. and haven't been able to beat my same old State Farm insurance. Consistently, State Farm's policy is 30% less than any other quote with more coverage. I am surprised to this day. We are not fulltimers, but use the coach around 5-7,000 miles a year. Best of luck with your research.

fulltiming
09-12-2008, 04:58 PM
We are using Foremost. They have been good to deal with but I intend to do price comparisons before I renew. I am hopeful that I will find cheaper coverage. I recommend that all fulltimers make get a policy for the equivalent of homeowners liability.

larryweikart
09-14-2008, 01:08 PM
When we are parked for 30 days or more, Auto Owners puts us on suspension which, basically, removes the collision coverage, which is the largest portion of the premium. Every little bit helps.

2dogs
09-19-2008, 12:59 AM
Well had farmers coverage when using occasionally, ended up using formost a little spendy but good coverage, have left sandpoint on the 15th heading to foothills, in dillon Mt now looking at old towns just relaxing. planning on spending 30-45 days just cruising around. thanx all, Brian and Lana

HoosierDaddy
09-19-2008, 03:13 AM
We went with Auto Owners when we bought our B+B. They had the best deal for that business. I switched all of our autos as well. They have been VERY GOOD when we have had a claim. Price is competitive as well.