PDA

View Full Version : Floor heat in a Newell?

Ground Control
12-28-2005, 02:34 AM
I am curious if Newell had ever put floor heat or radiant heating in their coach's? I read on another forum someone stating that Newell has did this on some coach's. :?:

rcpgolf53
12-31-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm pretty sure all the new coaches have floor heat an they have been putting it in for a few years.

karlb
12-31-2005, 08:48 PM
Yes, floor heat is now standard in new coaches. A new coach would not have floor heat only if deleted at the request of the customer. To our knowledge, Newell was the first coach to offer floor heat, back around 1998 as I recall, perhaps earlier, initially as an option and now standard. As an option, almost every customer ordered it. This feature has become fairly common in high-line coaches.

To prevent damage to the heat pads, floor heat is not installed under carpeted areas, only under the hard surface flooring. Therefore, typically only the galley and bath areas have heated floors. Although heated floors in these limited areas are not adequate to provide the sole heating source, the aras of the coach with floor heat are noticably warmer than those areas without floor heat, especially at night when the main thermostats are turned down.

Karl Blade
Newell

jWolfe
02-18-2013, 05:23 PM
My coach has floor heating under the marble tile. It's fantastic and makes walking around the coach barefoot nice and cozy. :)

ccjohnson
02-18-2013, 09:46 PM
We are getting it in our remodel next month. Our coach originally had Primus radiant propane fired boiler heat. That was no longer functional when we bought coach. We put in another forced air propane furnace in the back. Now we are getting heated tile in galley & lavatory.

Leeann J
02-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Nice Clint and Fran how exciting! Are you doing the remodel yourself or having the Newell factory do it? I would love to see photos once you have it done. :thumbsup:

ccjohnson
02-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Definitely having Tommy & the folks at Newell do it. They have been great with everything we have had done there so far. I'm sure if we keep it up we will have a million dollar coach. Just not all at once! We have some pics of the coach when we first bought it and I will take some before we start this remodel in March. Last work saw the desk installed as well as the heater. You should be able to pull up desk pics from an earlier post in the thread relating to that stuff.

speedingsport
02-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Heated flooring is the way to go. That's what luxury is about. WARM FEET! :thumbsup:

Clint I look forward to hearing about and seeing those upgrades.

HoosierDaddy
04-02-2013, 12:37 AM
I am wondering where to source electric radiant floor heat equipment for a retrofit on my 93 Newell.??
Thx

cdat
04-02-2013, 01:28 AM
Would love to retro fit the 91, especially the tub/shower floor, can this be done with a primus system?

John

ccjohnson
04-02-2013, 10:29 PM
John, They heated our bath & kitchen area. But heat pads are under tile not the shower floor.