PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Quartzsite in January???

The Newell
08-15-2006, 09:13 PM
My wife and I are thinking about heading to Quartzsite in January and wanted to find out who all is going to be down that way. Maybe we could meet up and get to know some of the other Newell Owners out there.

Joseph

kenny brooks
09-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Can someone tell me where Quartzite is? I have heard it mentioned before and have been told it is out in the dry desert? :?

rcpgolf53
09-02-2006, 02:00 PM
It's on I-10 at the California-Arizona border on the Arizona side.

fulltiming
09-27-2006, 02:02 AM
It would be interesting to find out how many Newell owners routinely take their coaches off of paved roads. For those of us with rear radiators, the dust associated with driving and parking on sand (most of Quartzsite's camping areas) is certainly a disadvantage.

I had to have my radiator high pressure cleaned after traveling about 4 miles down a dusty crushed gravel road in Oklahoma. You would not believe all the muck that Newell washed off of the radiator. I know it was having an impact on the effectiveness of the radiator.

tuga
09-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Mike,

I had the same problem with my 93 Newell when driving down 21 miles of caleechee roads in West Texas. We just backed up to a self service car wash and washed her down. You have to be careful not to get too close to the radiator fins (they bend easily).

My 99 Newell has the side radiator. I don't know if it would be any better under dusty conditions, I guess that it would not. When you consider the cost of the air filter (around $100) it might be wise to stay off of the dusty roads. :?

kenny brooks
09-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Quartzsite is located kind of out in nowhere it appears. It sounds as if you gents think it is to dusty for the nicer motorhomes? I don't know what I would accomplish going there anyway.

ikcandco
09-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Quartzsite Shows & General Information :
CLICK HERE for the '2007 Show Dates & Hours' (http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/)
-
I just like Newells
May God Bless,
ikcandco

fulltiming
09-28-2006, 02:06 AM
Quartzsite is located kind of out in nowhere it appears. It sounds as if you gents think it is to dusty for the nicer motorhomes? I don't know what I would accomplish going there anyway.If you really want to 'experience' Quartzsite, go for it. However, based on previous experience, do expect to do some SERIOUS cleaning and PM afterwards. Pressure washing the engine compartment and radiator and changing the air filter (I just paid $153 for the filter at Newell) would probably be a minimum.

busnut
10-12-2006, 06:10 PM
We go every year. Dust is a minor problem is you know where to go. Usually not far off 95. Also go slow. We will be there again in Jan during the RV show.

BTW never needed to pressure wash engine after the visit.

Gary Carter

Ground Control
11-29-2006, 04:57 AM
Since we will be near home this year during the busy month, we will probably swing down and see whats cooking. :wink: