PDA

View Full Version : Lower Bay Basement RV Door Rubber Seal Replacement?

encantotom
01-13-2009, 04:14 PM
i would love to find a place to buy the rubber bay door seal for a cheap price. this is the hollow round rubber that pushes onto the aluminum lip around each of the bay doors.

i can find it at the local auto specialty store, but it is very expensive there. like $1.50 or more a foot. since there are alot of bays and as much as 8 or more feet for each one, i dont want to spend hundreds of dollars on this stuff. (ok, i am a cheapskate)

do any of you have a cheap source for this stuff?

Wally Arntzen
01-13-2009, 10:11 PM
I bought it at Newell and don't how much it was. I think it was expensive.
I did every door and it is real easy to put on.

Wally

encantotom
01-13-2009, 10:33 PM
i know i can get it expensive here in town. hoping someone found a cheap source for it.

tuga
01-15-2009, 12:36 AM
How do you guys get that round rubber gasket to seal tight on the bay door. Mine allows dust and rain water to get in.

After you install new rubber does that do the trick?

encantotom
01-15-2009, 02:07 AM
mine keep the doors pretty tight. the weatherstripping is compressed and starting to rip in a few places and that is why i would like to find a cheap source to get new. but i am not going to spend hundreds of dollars on it.

my doors are hinged at the top and not the same as yours i believe. i dont know if they have the same tightness when closed.

Neweller
01-17-2009, 03:46 AM
I have two different type large rolls of door sealant used on motorhomes and have no problem sending you some free of charge. Just post a picture on here to compare and I'll post what I have and if it will work just let me know and I'll send it right out.