PDA

View Full Version : what does the radiator weigh?

prarieschooner
01-23-2009, 02:30 AM
The AC Generator started easy and ran great on the Coach that I am looking at. It smoked a bit after starting but no more than expected after sitting so long.
When I checked the Coolant it was low so I added some water and looked for the leak. It looks like the Filler Fitting is cracked where it meets the Top of the Tank. I will need to repair this after the deal is made.

Any Idea how much this thing weighs? it doesn't look like it is light so I wanted to ask before I stressed my back.
Steve

encantotom
01-23-2009, 02:46 AM
the filler neck on my generator radiator leaked last year. so i took it out and had it redone. cost me about 60 bucks and it is easy to take out.

it doesnt weigh that much. not enough where i remember it being any kind of problem at all.

i also took the front fiberglass body work off in front of the genny and cleaned and painted the metal inside of it.

none of it was hard and now my genny will run for days and never get hot. while i was at it i changed the thermostat and put new hoses on.

later

tom

i sent you a private message with my phone number if you need to call and talk.

prarieschooner
05-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I forgot to post the up-date on this. I took the Coach to my Radiator Repair Shop (Ice Radiator, Hemet, CA). The Technician asked if there were any other leaks than the Neck, I said no, He then repaired the Radiator in Place. Cost about $50.00. I then replaced the Coolant and used Distilled Water.
Yesterday I was able to do an Oil Change and Replaced the Fuel Filter. The AC Generator Runs great now with no issues.

fulltiming
05-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Good fix at a reasonable price. Thanks for the update.