Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell Classic Flourescent Light Fixtures
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #52
GORDON HUMMEL

Brad,
If your counting watts & don't have a battery monitor, I highly recommend the Tri-metric's 2020.

I may have confused you on the power used on the Leds. 1/2 the leds of a given size, will use 1/2 the power. Tom & I were working with 2 different size leds hense the the confusion.

Either 60 x 3528 or 30 x 5050 leds per meter, will replicate the light produced by the original flourscents.

Try to mount the leds as high as possible in the cove to get the best light. I used 3/4" pvc pipe raised up about 4-5" in the front cove. These leds are the 3528 x 60.
I just remembered I put 5050 x 30 leds in the bathroom cove light. Because I did not not want to remove the entire cabinet, I just installed the led strip, with extra long leads, on the flourescent bulb & reinstalled it. I was able to reach up through the cabinet & find the leads going to the original light. They were plenty long enough to attach to the new leds. took about 5 minutes.

Also, if needed, don't use the connectors that some companies sell. Just put a little drop of solder on the led strip + and -; strip the wire about 1/4" & tin it. Thats work the best.
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote