Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Big oil leak in the walk in closet in 2001 coach
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
leskorcala@hotmail.com

Okay , so we went back to the coach with my wife to see and work together to find out and get idea what is the problem with that leak!
I think we can sleep better! since we both agreed that its not the oil leak!

We checked the hyraulic slide's dip stick and is right at normal level, checked the egine oils same situation.

What we see on that plywood floor is in both far corners , both of them are wet in about 10" round surface area! ( the most effected and most wet areas )

The wood was wet for long time I think since it swelled and when you push on it it bubbles up and liquid shows up like sponge! looking at your finger it gets cover with clear non smell water! you can clean it of you finger! no smell of any kind!

Now for some reason the outline of the playwood floor was painted black ( about 2-3" strip of it ) the water over the time would absorb in the wood and also in the paint and discolored entire wood to brownish color, since carpet is yellowish it turned to orusty brown! and that what made me think that we have huge oil leak somwhere!

I started engine and had my wife to see if there was any oil showing on teh floor , but nothing! we looked at the right side of the engine where the oil dip sticks are and checked all the areas very well for any wet or wet spots, nothing! the overhead of the engine it has cover with nice vinyl pyllow type dampping and both sections are perfectly dry! I checked directly in the back part of the engine ( main latch ) and again all dry!

From the rediator area you can not see anything since its very sealed there!

Now, we have to figure out where is the water coming from? first I tought well,, wheels are right even on the same side as the spots, but I was wrong they are more lined up with rear B- droom windows ( in front of the walk in closet )

Somehow we hve some sort of water build up or huge condensation there! I noticed gray mold build up in two small places where the water saturated wood.

Set the floor heater closed the door in the clostet and will try to dry the wood first! I google the net and best way to clean the oils or other stains is to use 4 parts of bleach to one part of water , also some other way to do it!

After all dry out I will keep the carpet off and watch it see what is going on! if everything goes away, I would put some good quality deck wood protector and seal it well!

Again the color stain on the carpet made me thinking of some type of oil but having mold,black paint,water and yellow carpet it wood surly made to the rusty brown color!
If that stain never showed up , we would never see what was going on under, so scary ! could not tell anything becouse you could not see it or smell it!

BTW: I was trying to lift off that 2x2 feet latch right in the center of the floor but with out any succes, did not want to force it to much!

Best,
Les
leskorcala@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote