Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Hosing out basement AC units
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
W. Mark Hellinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuga View Post
Mark,

I cleaned my SCS basement AC units a few years back and it made a big difference. I removed the unit from the coach, opened the top of the metal housing and hosed out the inside being careful not to wet the fan motors, etc.

I also used an acid cleaner on the evaporator and condensor coils; this made them foam up and removed the dirt and grime from the fins. Then I hosed them down with low water pressure & no nozzle. Be sure to thoroughly rinse all of the acid cleaner from the evaporator and condensor coils and fins. That acid may eat thru the copper coils.

They have been working great ever since. Also, change the return air filter (located in the stairwell on my coach) as needed.
Excellent suggestions. That's a great idea to just remove the AC units for a big ole freshen-up, it looks pretty easy (relatively speaking). I think I'll wait till it cools down a little to tackle the job.

I think I'll opt for some purple stuff (Castrol Super Clean) to assist in melting the road grime off the condenser coils. I'm thinking low pressure, hot-hot water will be the ticket to success.
W. Mark Hellinger is offline   Reply With Quote