Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 6
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #30
Neweller

Q
626 6/12/2002 9:02:04 AM 6/12/2002 John Clark jvclark02@cs.com Overheating A lot of car washes won't allow radiator cleaning (they think you are washing the engine) so I carry a small garden sprayer to presoak the radiator with hot soapy water or mineral spirits and than flush with a garden hose. To cure the road blast problem (bent fins) I installed hardware cloth under the engine to keep small stones from coming up trough the fan. This is a must modification if you plan on visiting Alaska. For me a 200 degree transmission temperature is fine and IAW Allison and Detroit Diesel reps. guidance. I have used the cooling system you mentioned, but I have not installed it on my '87. They were developed by bus companys who had to climb the Baker grade to Las Vegas in the summer. You can purchase the unit through ads in Bus Conversions Magazine or make one your self using a Rain Bird sprinkler solenoid (12 volts will operate the 24v solenoid) and some hardware store mister's. If you need more info E-mail me.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote