Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Dishnetwork Local channels or Distant Networks?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
GORDON HUMMEL

Forest,
When I first started traveling It was in the mist of the changeover to HD broadcasting. I would call Dish to get local channels, & correct time on the guide, which at the time, they didn't appreciate and told me so, more than once. Over the last few years, I have found that I can get local OTA channels in HD, with a picture much better the thru the dish. I have a small HD antenna which I think I got @ HD & I mounted on my old roof antenna mast. For whatever reason, I get the best reception with the old antenna 1/2 way up @ about 45 degrees.
If your Dish box does NOT have a "K" on the end of the model #, you can wire your coax fromt your OTA antenna directly into the Dish box. The box will scan for local channels & you can then add them to your guide. Additionally you can actually record the OTA channels, only one @ a time, BUT you can also record TWO dish channels at the same time. I found this out by mistake when I was staying in Needles, Ca. I had the LA feed on Dish, but was also able to get a repeater for Phoenix stations on my OTA antenna, & Phx had the same shows on, but an hour earlier, for us old guys.
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote