Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tires
Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #9
prairieschooner

To summarize about tires if I am to understand correctly;
The tires on our coaches should be changed due to age between 5 to 7 years as a manufacturers recommendation (I was told by both Goodyear and BF Goodrich that they recommend at least every 5 years).
From what Michael stated; Newell recommends changing the front tires every 3 years and maximum speeds of 65 with slides and tire size 315 and with tire size 365 speeds can increase to 75.
This make me believe that the newer Newell coaches are much heavier at the front end resulting in them being closer to the rating of the tire and the reason that they should be changed more regularly.
Tire pressure is something that we all need to watch carefully and a good tire pressure gauge is a good place to start. The other item that we may need is the pressure magnifier so that we can get the tire pressure up to the proper range.
Larry Bell showed me his pressure gauge and magnifier while we at the Creede rally. I will be getting both of these tools as soon as they can be added to my budget. The plaque on our '82 show 90 psi for the front and rear tires all 11R22.5 (if I remember correctly) so the magnifier isn't as important to me as it would be to someone whose tire pressure is around 120psi.
Tire temperature is also of concern, currently I use a simple approach to checking that but I will probably add an infrared temperature gauge.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote