Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - best I can
Thread: best I can
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
tuga

Matt,

Sorry to hear about the coolant problem. Michael is right; the series 60 will not let itself overheat - instead it will shut down.

Remember to always fill the radiator up first then keep the overflow tank about 1/2 full. Too many times we quickly look only at the overflow tank. It is really the radiator that has to be checked. I think that your problems will disappear when the radiator gets filled up.

Remember when we were in Madison, WI and the radiator cap access door was locked and wouldn't open with the key! That is what needs to be checked along with the oil level, tires, etc. everytime you start it up. Also remember to check the generator radiator too.

One last thing, when an engine gets hot it can burn oil (depending on how long it has run hot). Check that oil level when you check the radiator level. You will probably have to add oil.

On my first trip crossing Raton Pass in New Mexico my 8V92 overheated, we pulled over to let it cool down. I checked the oil first and it was 2 GALLONS LOW! I was also low on radiator coolant.

It's an easy thing to over look, but it is very important to do when you are driving in the mountains and in extreme heat.

Glad you're having fun. I knew you would like Bryce Canyon NP.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote