Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Red Light Polarity Issue at British Columbia Camp Ground
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
tuga

Default Red Light Polarity Issue at British Columbia Camp Ground

I plugged into a CG power pedestal in Dawson Creek, British Columbia and the red polarity light lit. This had never happened to me before so I was caught a little off guard. I went inside the coach and looked at the panel above the driver's seat and the red polarity light was also lit. About that time I saw the voltage drop from 120 to 80 to 40 and then to -0-.

Long story short the polarity was reversed at the CG power outlet. The CG manager and I turned off the circuit breaker which tripped and we switched the black and white wires in the power pedestal. I plugged back into CG power and everthing worked fine - except my inverter - it was toast.

SO THIS IS A WARNING: IF THE RED POLARITY LIGHT COMES ON WHEN YOU PLUG INTO CG POWER - UNPLUG IT IMMEDIATELY!

Ron, an electrician at Newell, said that a relay in the inverter was probably sacrificed. I just sent it off to be repaired. Hope that the relay is all that was damaged.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote