Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Enclosed car hauler trailer
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 09:18 PM   #20
Brad Townsend

Hi Clarke.
Last year after much searching I found a nice enclosed car hauler 25 ft with a 5 ft full V nose. i learned much before buying which made the find difficult because of what was recommended for many reasons. Some things are the suspension I went with torsion bar instead of leaf and glad of it. 10K gvw instead of 7K. Side frame 16 on ctr not 24. not a flat roof, slightly rounded with cast alum corners. I made my work bench in the front V which works out great. I haul my 90 cherokee and with it inside I still have gobs of room to work.
But when we are stationary the trailer becomes a multi purpose room which is quite large.
Another thing to consider, i asked around about the flat fronts verses the v nose pertaining to a mileage difference and those with a flat nose lost about 1 mpg and another with the v nose said he didn't notice a difference. I noticed an increase of almost 1 mpg. Its all about the aero dynamics i guess but when you get in the low 5's and now in the 6's the trailer is paying for itself. Plus you won't have to wash you vehicle when you arrive at your destination. Plus you can back up with it. But it does make for a long train we are at 65 ft and one must be extra careful when pulling in to places.
Hope this helps.
Brad
1988 40 ft 8v92 TA
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser,1990 Jeep Cherokee 4/WD now a desert rat
25 ft Haulmark trailer
730 watt solar panels, Full timing.
Brad Townsend is offline   Reply With Quote