Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Turn signal...3 clicks?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
fulltiming

Roof airs are typically held in place by 4 bolts that compress a gasket between the roof of the coach and the air conditioner. Try removing the inside cover for the AC unit, then you should find 4 bolts up inside the unit close to opening cut in the roof. If have found these bolts can work loose after a while and result in leaks. I had that happen with a couple of Airstreams and a Safari. If that doesn't do it, the gasket itself may have deteriorated and need to be replaced.

Wally's comments about the self level caulk is a good one. I would look at an roof penetrations such as antenna or cable leads going into the roof or the attachment point for anything on the roof within 5-10 feet of the 'leak'. Clarke's comments about the leaks frequently not being where they appear on the inside is certainly valid. In the front, make sure that the clearance lights are well sealed. They were a leak source on my Safari.

The blinker handle rotating was first pointed out to me in another thread on this board. I did some checking and found the wires near the floor on the side of the steering column that were switched by the blinker lever rotating but they are not connected to anything. If the lever you are referring to is below the key, it was originally intended to be a steering column lock release but is not used on the Newell, just as the blinker rotation switch is not used. If you are referring to a lever just under the steering wheel, that releases (when moved counter-clockwise) the steering wheel telescope feature. Sometimes the telescope feature is not used for a long time and it takes some effort to get it working again. It is a great feature.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote