Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - New Newell Owner as of 03/01/2008!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
chockwald

Default New Newell Owner as of 03/01/2008!!!!

We bought our first motorhome, a Class "C", about 5 years ago to see if we would like the RV lifestyle. We found out in short order that we loved it! In fact, we decided we wanted to full time when we retire in about 6 years.

About 6 months ago we began looking for what we thought was our "next" motorhome and we wanted to move up to a Class "A" diesel pusher. We were looking for a good used unit around 10-15 years old. We looked at a lot of Class "A's" (Monaco, Safari, etc.) in that age range, but there was so much plastic in them, and they just didn't "wear" well. Most were already getting thread bare and in need of having the wood refinished, and couches, chairs reupholstered.

A few weeks ago (February 5th) I stumbled across a 1982 Newell 36' diesel pusher on Craig's List down in the Palm Springs area. I had never even heard of Newell before. It was much older than I wanted, but the pictures really looked great. It happened we were going to a wedding in the area that weekend, and made arrangements to see the unit. Well, needless to say, we fell in love with this Newell immediately. The asking price was very fair. We were the first to see it, but within the next few days there was a line forming of interested people. So we pulled our finances together and bought it officially on March 1st! Instead of finding our "next" motorhome, we found our last motorhome!

The more we get to know our Newell the more we fall in love with it. The attention to detail, and workmanship are amazing. It has 103,000 miles on a DD 6V92 wtih no oil leaks, has a washer/dryer, oversized queen pedestal bed, and too many other features to itemize now. It was garaged in a climate controlled garage for the first 24 years of it's life, and was only exposed to the elements the last 2 years.

I found this website when I was doing internet searches on Newell and registered even before we completed the purchase.

Clarke and Elaine
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote