Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - full timing now Is Coachnet worth the extra cost?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #10
MrE

Adrian,

I was able to get towed for what Good Sam was quoted, the tow truck driver explained that Good Sam attempts to negotiate with them where they get paid also. In my instance he said that Good Sam wanted them to do the tow for $1,000 and pocket the $750 for themselves. Prior to this experience I was under the misconception that as a Good Sam member they would provide this as a service to members and not use it for an additional revenue stream.

Fortunately I wasn't in a position where the credit card charge was a problem, this time. There have been times in the past where that would not have been the case and I would have been sitting there waiting for the refund to hit the credit card 4 or 5 days later.

The tow went very smooth, they put the Newell on a trailer that was pretty amazing. The trailer wheels moved forward to where the rear of the trailer sat on the ground and it was only a slight incline to winch the coach up onto the trailer. Once on the trailer the wheels were moved back to where they needed to be for traveling.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote